Chapter 9

Shit.

His fingers were wrapped around my neck as he pressed me up against the wall, his eyes looking furiously into mine.

"How did you get here?" The Opera Ghost demanded icily, his grip on my throat tightening as he did.

I could barely even breathe, let alone respond to his question as I tried desperately to pry away his fingers.

"The... mirror." I managed to speak.

His eyes narrowed as he stared intensely at me, his grip loosening slightly, but not enough to the point where I could feel breathe again.

"Does anyone else know about this?"

"Only me," I spoke, my voice coming out raspy.

The Phantom tightened his grip again as of he were about to kill me and I knew I would have to come up with something so that he wouldn't, but what could I possibly say to him to prevent him from killing me?

"You're seriously going to murder me in front of Christine?" I managed to say as I gasped for air quickly.

He glanced over at Christine, where she still lay in the boat completely knocked out to the rest of the world.

My vision was starting to go in and out of focus, my breathing becoming shallower and shallower until suddenly he released me.

I fell to the floor, gasping and coughing as I rubbed my sore neck, surprised and shocked that he had let me go.

The Ghost towered over me, I could feel his gaze burning into me as I was recovering.

"You're a friend of hers?" He asked.

I was so confused by the sudden question when moments before he had been trying to murder me.

I just stared at him incredulously for a moment, as the expression on his face was emotionless, revealing nothing of what he was feeling.

"Oui... What did you do to her?" I said as I scrambled up, looking over where Christine was.

"She's sleeping, I didn't do anything to her." He said as he looked at me as if I were an idiot.

"If she were only sleeping, wouldn't she have woken up by now?" I said with a suspicious raise of my eyebrows.

A frown appeared on his face as he stared at me.

"Susanna, I would be very careful with your accusations, may I remind you this is my domain and I could still very much so kill you?"

My heart momentarily stopped, but not at the threat, but of him saying my real name.

I could see a smirk play across his face before I could even say anything, but I had a chilling feeling that he knew.

"Now comes a little deal, in exchange for you not speaking a word of you being here or how you got here, I will keep your secret and let you live, deal?"

"How do I know you even know anything?" I challenged, even though in my gut I knew he did, but I could only hope that it was wrong.

He let out a sharp breath of irritation.

"Susanna Wells, your Uncle is Henri Moncharmin, the manager of the Opera Populaire, do I need to say more?"

My heart pounded again and I shook my head.

"No, I-I supposed not, but if I don't say anything about this or how I got here, you won't tell anyone about it, right?"

"That is what I said, isn't it?" The Opera Ghost said, once again giving me the are-you-stupid look.