006

OAKLEY AND AUGUST SAT IN CHAIRS next to Lexie's hospital bed as she updated them on the Aurora situation

OAKLEY AND AUGUST SAT IN CHAIRS next to Lexie's hospital bed as she updated them on the Aurora situation. Hotch and Spencer walked into the room and shut the door behind them.

"We need to ask Oakley and August some question" Hotch said to his daughter.

"Did any of you get any random calls or texts before this happened" Spencer asked.

"We both, um, got unknown number calls that were silent heavy breathing calls until we were about to hang up and then he spoke" August said.

"What did he say?" Hotch asked them.

"I'll see you soon" Oakley said as he shuddered remembering the calls he got.

"Would Rory go off with anyone? maybe someone who offered to take her home" Spencer asked.

Lexie shook her head "I taught her never to do that"

"What about a teacher or the school bus driver"?" Hotch asked.

"Wait the bus driver, August you said that he looked familiar to you" Oakley said looking towards his best friend.

"How does that work? He's a new bus driver, he's only been in town for a few weeks" Lexie said.

"Wait, Lexie it was him" August said "I couldn't put my finger on who he was but i remember now, it was him"

"Dad please" Lexie said sadly "You gotta find her, she can't go through what i did"

"We'll find her" Hotch reassured "I promise you we'll find her"

"We have to go to work" Oakley said as he looked at his phone "I'll call you later"

Lexie smiled and nodded. Oakley and August hugged the girl and walked out of the room leaving her with the two agents.

"She's gonna be okay" Spencer reassured as he grabbed her hand.

"You don't understand what he did to me. Sometimes i didn't eat for days Spence"

"It's not gonna get to that point June, i promise you she'll be back with you soon"

"I need to get out of here" Lexie said pulling her IV out of her arm and slowly sitting up.

"Hey, hey what are you doing?" Hotch said as he walked back into the room from being on a call outside the room.

"I can be more help than your team, no offence to them. I basically lived with the man for two years, i know i'm not qualified for it but i know him" Lexie pleaded.

"Let me see if you're clear to leave, but you can't keep stressing about this so much, i know you're scared but you just had surgery on your brain a week ago so please keep it cool" Hotch said.

"You know i will, i just need to find my daughter" Lexie said.

"Here" Spencer said as he passed her the patients belongings bag.

"Wait" Lexie dug through the bag "Where's my ring?"

"What ring?" Her dad asked.

"The one Sarah gave me, the one with Rory's birth stone in it" She said frantically tipping the bags belongings onto the bed.

"Wait" Spencer said digging into his pockets "Here, the doctor gave it to me"

"Oh my god" Lexie said grabbing it from his hands and pulling him into a hug "Thank you"

"Yeah, i mean of course. I forgot i had it for a sec" He explained.

"Lexie you're clear to go like you wanna but just keep it safe okay?" The doctor said as he walked into the room.

"I'm a surgeon i think i know, but thank you" Lexie said putting her thumbs up and smiling at him slightly.

"Let's get you to the building i guess" Hotch sighed.