Chapter 2

***Hope you enjoy***

Chapter 2:

You woke up in a foul mood. These days were the worst. Your mood was already pre-determined in the morning because of something that happened in the previous night. You had helped your sister fall asleep by singing her favourite lullaby "When You Wish Upon A Star" from Pinocchio. I decided to take her to school early so we could avoid him. She was beautiful. The light in my dark life. I love her. I dropped her off at her bus stop but I still had time to spare before Yeonjun came so I went to the park a block away from my school.

9:01. He should be here by now.

 He should be here by now

So annoying. I was excited because everything was so tense and I needed a break. Yeonjun was a pretty mean person but he had never completely shut me out. My heart clenched against my will, it really hurt when this happened. I had made this habit of telling myself that it was because I was lonely, that I longed for a normal relationship and that it would be fine even if it wasn't Yeonjun. I headed home having a worse day than before. Although I didn't want to admit it seeing Yeonjun would have made my day 100% better. Even the thought was exciting. Yeonjun and I go to the same school but we get closer until we both got scouted by agencies. For him, It was Bighit, for me, Source Music. That's why we are able to skip school so easily. I want to debut. I will do anything. I have to make it for her. I will make it.

I decided to head to the company practice room to practice some more. Hours passed by. 3:00. 4:00. 5:00. 6:00. 7:00. 8:00. That was enough practice and since it was getting late so I was going to head home.

You were excited, it's as all the exhaustion from your body left when you got that text. You changed into your normal clothes and then left. The park was our thing. We always hung out there.

A smile appears of its own accord and I can either let him see what he ignited or hide it, either way, he's the best thing in my world. "Hey, what's up?" I said trying to act nonchalant. He was fidgeting, he was nervous...could it be? No, I must be getting ahead of my self.

"Let's hang out" he basically whispered.

"Bro, can you talk normally?" you asked sarcastically.

"Shut up," he said annoyed but annoyed in a good way.

We went out, heading to the local arcade. Everything else was closed so we didn't have much variety. The excitement that wired his body like he was plugged into the mains was always playing a game. He felt like his brain was on fast-forward and there was no off switch. That's how he described it to me when I had asked. We were in the groove, we got food, and were genuinely having fun. I got tired way too soon and he could tell so we ended up just going to the park. We sat down to admire the night sky and the beauty it holds. It was the promise of life in the darkness, a sense of warmth springing from the cold. I like him. It's obvious.

"Hey, I need to tell you something"

"Me too" he responded with a hint of sadness in his voice.

you uttered under your breath kind of hoping he didn't hear. "I think I might like...."

"Hmm...yea?"

"You."

"First of all Yeonjun, close your eyes, I know we have been hanging out for a few years, and we have been best friends for quite some time now, but what you don't know, or suspect is that I am in love with you"

...........

***qotd: 2nd Gen or 3rd Gen K-Pop??