Chapter 2

Dawn's pov
I feel well I'm not sure how to feel. Loosin the only man that has never gave up in me, the only man that has never walked out on me, Glenn has always been by my side. What do I do now that he is gone? I don't understand why he has to be gone. Nobody loved me like my brother has. Glenn was more then a brother, he was my friend too. He never let me fall, he always dried my tears before they fell. Now I'm without him. Diamond hasn't talked. She seems like she is shutting down. All she has known is Daryl. I get that.

"Hey girls, would you like to go with me and meet some people?" Jesus asks.

"I'm not really feeling up for travel at the moment Jesus." I say.

Diamond nodded and stood up.

"You ready?" Jesus asks her.

She simply gave another nod. They both left out.

                 Diamond's pov
"We are going to The Kingdom." Jesus says.

The Kingdom?

I looked at him confused.

"It's a nice place, I believe you will like it." He says.

We arrive and when they open the gates. The first person I saw was Morgan. My dropped open.
I quickly walked up to him and hugged him.

"I have been so worried about you." He says.

"They took him Morgan. They took him." I say soft.

"I know. I know. I will keep you safe." He says letting me go.

"I wanna stay here for a while. Is that okay?" I ask.

"It's perfectly fine." Morgan says.

I told Jesus goodbye and he left.
I met King Ezekiel and he said I was more then welcome.
Morgan is now showing me around. I'm looking around and I ran into something. I then looked, correction I ran into someone. When I looked up at him it was like time stopped. He looked down at me with the same look I gave him.

"S. Sorry I ran inta you." I say.

"It's fine." He says.

"I'm Diamond." I say.

"I'm Ben." He says.

"I'll let you two get better acquainted

"I'll let you two get better acquainted." Morgan says.

Ben and I then walked around.

"Where are you from?" He asks.

"Alexandria." I say.

He smiled at me.

Days later, I decided to go to Hilltop and I brought Ben. The gates opened up and my breath hitched. Daryl!
I ran and jumped into his arms.

"Are you okay?" I slightly sob as he wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm fine. Better now that I got my little bug back.

Daryl has always called me his little bug. He set me down and wiped away a tear with his thumb.

"I have someone I want you to meet." I say.

Ben walked up.

"This is my friend, Ben. Ben this is my cousin Daryl." I say.

They shook hands.

"Diamond!" I hear Dawn say.

She ran to me and hugged me. I then introduced her and Ben.

"Hey Diamond I wanna have a talk with Ben." Daryl says.

"Be nice."  I say.

"I will." He says laughing.

Dawn and I then began to walk around.

"Are you and Ben together?" Dawn asks.

"No. I do know he likes me and I like him." I say.

"Ask him to be your boyfriend!" She says.

I laugh. We met back up with Ben and Daryl. Ben then took my hand and we went to walk around.

"Since the first day I met you, I wanted you to be mine. At the time, I didn't know what to say. I was distracted by your beautiful blue eyes. Diamond, will you be my girlfriend?" He asks.

"Yes. I'd love to." I say with a smile. He then hugged me, let me go, wrapped a arm around me then we walked back. I looked away from Ben to see Dawn with a smile. I then looked back to Ben.

"Do we need to head back or is Henry (his little brother) okay?" I ask.

"He is fine, Ezekiel says he has him." He says.

I nod. The next day, we went back to The Kingdom. Then after a few days, Daryl and Dawn arrive. What?

"I'm taking Dawn into my care. Now that Glenn is gone." Daryl says.

Dawn is only fourteen.

"I think that's best." I say.

"We also need to stay for a few days. I have to hide from Negan" He says.

I gave a nod.

I walked over to Dawn.

"Hey kiddo. I want you to know that, Daryl is gonna take care of you. When y'all return to Alexandria, I have a old set of clothes in a box in my closet that should fit you. Also,  behind my headboard is a knife for emergency." I say.

"Thank you Diam." She says.

Days later they left. Ben and I grew closer. Then now Daryl and Dawn are back. They need to stay here since Negan is showing up in Alexandria more. Dawn brought me more clothes.

"If he took you again I don't know what I would do." I tell Daryl.

"I wouldn't let that happen... Here's this." He says.

He put a locket into my hand. I open it and it's a picture of when I was born, my mom, dad, Merl, and Daryl. Then the other side a picture of me an Daryl on my birthday last year. I smile and hug him.

"Thank you." I say.