Prologue

It was a long time ago, long time before two best friends who loved and valued each other dearly. Perhaps eons before a cold yet beautiful prince lived alone in his ice palace in the far north . It started from something so simple.

Like there are good things in this world, there are bad things as well. Among those bad things are demons and some particular demons who were far worse. 

Among those worse demons was a demon who was extremely fascinated with true darkness. He loved nothing more than spreading chaos across the land and who lived on it.

 One day this demon created a mirror but this wasn't an ordinary mirror. While most mirrors reflect exactly how the world is as well as the ones who gaze upon them  , this cursed mirror showed only negative aspects in everything and distort everything that is beautiful, showing it as extremely ugly.  Even a lush meadow would look uglier then a boiled spinach when viewed from the mirror. 

The demon enjoyed is caused despair among the land and seeing the humans suffer.

Soon the demon had another idea which only he could call ingenious.

The angels of Heaven were enemies of the demons and it would be a real riot for him to subject those pure beings to the cursed mirror.

The evil creatures rejoiced liking his plan and carried the mirror towards the sky to mock the angels but the golden forces of good had other plans. They cast their light on the mirror which began to shake uncontrollably.

'' My lord, the mirror won't keep shaking ,we can't hold it much longer'' screamed the minions.

The demon didn't care about his minions as they struggled to get closer to the gates of heaven. The mirror was shaking more violently then before. Until the demons couldn't hold it anymore and it fell from their hands. They watched in fear as the mirror descended towards the earth fearing their masters wrath.

The mirror fell to the ground and shattered into a million pieces and got scattered around the world by the wind .

All the demons were frustrated at their failure except the one who had started it all.

But he didn't care that the original plane was a failure because the mirror had left it's mark across the world and each shared no matter what size it was held the full power of the mirror.

The larger fragments were made into lenses, window panes and even smaller mirrors  and one looked through them they showed nothing but ugliness.

Some shards were very small even smaller then the grains of sand and those were the most dangerous ,if someone got a shard in their eyes they would be able to witness nothing but ugliness.

In some cases they landed in the hearts of people and the hearts turned into cold lumps of ice  and caused unsavory effects on their personalities.

This what the demon wanted.

He knew his minions would never be able to get the mirror to heaven ,rather then mocking the angels he wanted to spread his influence across the world. He cackled with laughter as the shards caused misery among the land.

To this day there are still some shards floating in the air.

These shards changed the life of two best friends forever

                                                                   -------------------------------------------