~ Chapter Twenty Four: Thunderstorm ~

~ Asuga ~

~ Friday ~

We had just finished our second practice of the day. I talked with my team as we took off our equipment and cleaned up the gym.

"Asuga, are you and Oikawaaa gonna do anything together soon?"

Michi asked teasingly. I smiled as I fixed my hair.

"No, not really. We both want to focus on volleyball right now, you know, with nationals coming up soon."

I said smiling. Michi nodded. Rai and Hiromi walked up to her.

"Ready to go Michi?"

Rai asked. Michi grinned.

"Yup! See you later Asuga!"

Michi said as she walked off with Rai and Hiromi. I smiled as I stood up. I then noticed that Michi had left her water bottle on the bench. I picked it up and walked towards Michi and Rai. As I got closer I heard bits of their conversation together.

"I can't believe Oikawa is dating her. I mean, I'm surprised he hasn't broken up with her to date someone else."

Rai said. Michi nodded.

"She's always so focused on volleyball. I feel like he may break up with her soon after realizing that she won't be able to spend a lot of time with him. I mean, there are plenty of other girls out there who would kill to be in Asuga's position."

Hiromi said.

"I don't know about you guys, but I think they are cute together. Two captains dating, I don't know why you guys feel the need to put them down."

Michi said. I smiled as I slowed my pace so I could listen to how the girls would react.

"I'm just being honest. The truth hurts sometimes."

Hiromi said. My heart stopped.

The truth?

I thought to myself. I shook my head from those thoughts and shouted Michi's name.

"Michi! You forgot your water!"

I shouted as I hurried towards her. Michi smiled as she took it from me.

"Thanks, Asuga!"

She said. I smiled.

"No problem!"

I said as I walked away.

The truth... other girls would kill to be in my spot right now...

I thought to myself as I headed back to the gym. I looked up at the cloudy sky. It was supposed to rain. I sighed as I entered the gym. Oikawa and I did need to practice since it was our routine after all. I sat on the bleachers and waited for him to come in from his practice. As I was waiting, my mind wandered back to a conversation Misako and I had last night at our sleepover.

~ Flashback ~

Misako and I were sitting in my room. A movie was playing in the background, but we weren't paying attention to it. Instead, we were talking about our relationships.

"So Nishinoya and you broke up because you didn't have anything in common?"

I asked. Misako nodded.

"Yeah. He just was not my type. I mean he was super sweet and treated me like a queen. But I feel as if someone out there was better for me. You know?"

She said. I nodded.

"So, you and Oikawa are official now right?"

She asked as she opened up a bag of chips and ate one. I nodded.