Alot Different Then I Expected

I felt Brent take my hand in his and hold it softly surprising me a little but I squeezed his comfortingly, I looked over at him and murmured, "I know what Alan said was idiotic but you wanna go back down there?"

   "Yeah, we need to make a trip to my locker anyway," Brent replied spreading a smirk across his face making me laugh softly, happy he was feeling better.

   We stood up and our hands separated making mine instantly feel cold, I looked over at Brent who was now frowning looking down at his hand then at me, we walked down the stairs and as we passed the tables Brent told them that we needed to make a trip to his locker making them follow us.

   Brent opened the door and we heard footsteps walking away in a different direction making him hold the door for me and go the opposite way of Vernon.

   "How do you know where Vernon went?" Cassandra asked Brent.

   "I don't," he answered not making eye contact.

   "How do you know when he'll be back?" I wondered earning a smile from Brent.

   "I don't," he answered then continued, "Being bad feels pretty good, huh?"

   "What's the point in going to Reis' locker?" I heard Bram ask Alan.

   "Beats me."

   "This is so stupid, why are we risking getting caught?" Bram questioned.

   "I don't know," Alan replied.

   "So then what are we doing?"

   "Ask one more question and I'm beating the shit out of you," Alan threatened making Bram look down at his feet and reply.      

   "Sorry."

   We got to Brent's locker and he opened it causing a blade to fall down just incase someone opened his locker who wasn't supposed to.

   "You're such a slob," Alan commented on the untidiness of his locker.

   "My maid's on vacation," Brent responded sarcastically then got out a balled up brown paper bag and unwrapped it, he got out another bag and opened it, then another and there was marijuana wrapped in plastic.

   "It's drugs," Bram exclaimed, sounding horrified.

   "Screw that, Reis, put it back," Alan protested as Brent walked away.

   "Drugs, the boy has marijuana, that was marijuana," I heard Bram say then Alan insulted him.

   "Shut up, dick."

   "Do you approve of this?" Bram must have asked Abby because she just squealed in return.

   We walked through the halls when Brent suggested, "We'll cross through the lab and double back."

   "You better be right, if Vernon cuts us off, it's your fault, asshole," Alan replied now walking beside Brent and me walking behind him.

   "What'd he say? Where are we going?" Bram questioned Cassandra behind me.

   "I don't know," I heard Cassandra reply surprisingly having a sweet sound in her voice.

   As Brent and Alan led the way Brent stopped us and realized we were about to go the wrong way, "Wait, wait, hold it, we have to go through the cafeteria."

   "No, the activities hall," Alan protested.

   "You don't know what you're saying," Brent replied rolling his eyes.