Brandon?

I wake up on the floor, rather than my bed.

I sighed.

What happened yesterday, though?

It must have been a dream, right?

There's no way. No.

I mean, even if it was a dream, why would I be dreaming of her and I going out?
There's no way MacKenzie Hollister and I are dating.
I mean, we both like Brandon, so how did we get into a relationship?

...Whatever.

I arrive at school relatively earlier than I originally did before.

I sigh and open my locker door, only to be surprised by a note that said:

Nikki, we have to talk to you!!
Come to the janitor's closet ASAP.
(Latest 7:15!!)
Better come quick!
Chloe and Zoey ♡☺︎

I check my phone.
7:10 a.m.

I go down the hallway, looking for the usual place we go to hang out in secret, when I see Chloe peeking through the door and whisper-shouting to tell me to hurry.

I rush towards the closet and I close the door of it.

"What happened?" I ask.

"So, we heard that MacKenzie-" Zoey started to speak

"Is having a birthday party!!" Chloe finished.
Zoey gave her a look and she sighed.

"Anyways, you must have heard, right? Didn't she tell you yesterday? You know, when you went to her house?" Zoey asked me, confused by how I looked.

So it wasn't a dream? It was...real? It isn't a sick joke, right? I mean, there's no way all of them are cooperating like this to just pull a prank on me.

"No, she didn't tell me that. Now I feel really bad for forgetting her birthday... Anyways, the bell is going to ring soon, bye guys."

I step out of the tiny space carefully, leaving Chloe and Zoey as confused as I was.

As I walk to my first period class, English, I see Brandon walking from the front door of the school.

"Hey, Brandon," I wave towards him.

Wait, how am I just...

Talking to him normally? It's not like I lost feelings for him or whatever, I just don't feel like I'm liking him as more than friends..?

"Hey Nikki! Where's MacKenzie? Is she later than usual? Hmm..that's odd. We can walk- Nikki, are you okay?"

I must have looked like I was sick because of the concerned tone in Brandon's voice.

It just...doesn't make sense!

I mean...
If her and I were originally pretty close, then I wouldn't be overthinking all of this, but it just doesn't add up.

"I'm okay. See you after class," I say back to him.

No point worrying about something that wouldn't be fixed, I guess.

Luckily, MacKenzie wasn't in this class, so I wasn't too self conscious, but I was still a little nervous if I meet her in he hallways after class.

"...The homework for today is pages 41-51, read through..."

Class ends and everyone heads out the door.
I see Chloe and Zoey stand outside, waiting for me.

I walk up to them.

"We're gonna talk, Ms. Maxwell," they said almost in sync.