Mom

It was a normal day at school, I met up with Julius, Brooklyn, Darion, Viviana, and Maria. We talked about anything and everything that came to our minds. The same boring topics were taught too, language arts, math, science, and history. The only exception being art and home ec.

Like usual, at the end of the day I saw Mrs. Adams doing her power walking routine. I waved and smiled, her waving back. I continued walking home with a content smile on my face.

When I got home I found the door unlocked. 'That's weird, the car isn't here... so why is the door unlocked? Mom is probably at the store. She could have left Ben at home or something.'

I stepped inside only to find that everything, and I mean everything, was gone. From the couch, to the dining room table. Hell, even the kitchen sink was gone! The only thought that I had was, 'What is happening?' I ran up to my room, the only thing that occupied the room was a piece of paper.

Confused, I went over to the paper and picked it up. 'Is this a note?' I read it quickly, it said,

"Dear (y/n),

           I am very sorry we left on such short notice, but we had no choice. I'm so, so, so sorry. They took everything. We can't tell you where we're going, but they allowed us to leave you this note. There is a trunk in the basement that has three weeks worth of clothes. Grab a bag and pack it. I don't know where they are taking you, but please go with them without any struggle. We are safe, just do as you're told, okay sweetie. Just go to school tomorrow and act like nothing happened. Whatever you do, don't return home. Everything in that trunk you'll need, so pack it all. I snuck in a few sentimental items and a few things that you'll need that they didn't supply. You will find your grandma's necklace in the trunk. Promise to never take it off. We're running out of time, we each left you something special.
Never forget we love you,
Mom"