Mr. Tux

The next morning, I awoke expecting to be in my comfortable bed, with the smell of bacon from downstairs. To my disappointment, when I opened my eyes I was in a barren house. Void of all life except me. I changed into clean clothes, brushed my hair, and left without brushing my teeth.

Walking towards my destination without my usual smile. Just staring forward with an emotionless expression. Behind that mask was a deeply pained heart, thoughts running wild about how I would handle the day, and a scared child that worried that she was being watched.

When I arrived at school I took a deep breath and put on a smile. I walked to my friends breakfast table and sat down at the seat my bestie Julius, or Jules, saved for me. "Hey (n/n)," Jules said with a smile, his glasses glinting slightly in a caring way. "(N/n)!!" Darion, or Dari, exclaimed gleefully. "Sup (n/n)," Brooklyn, or Brookie, spoke looking down at her phone. Maria just gave a 'sup' while staring at Brookie's phone. Viviana, or Vivi, was staring at her phone reading, she gave me a nod in acknowledgment. "Hey guys," I said, failing to completely hide my grief.

"You okay (n/n)?" Jules questioned. "I-i'm fine," I said with a smile. "We'll talk about it at lunch," whispered Jules, not fooled by my act. I nodded, feeling like I didn't have a choice in the matter.

For the next few hours, my teachers droned on about their class' topic. In-between my classes I would walk with my arms linked to at least one of my besties, them doing the most talking. Which confused them, because normally I do all the talking. I just played it off as 'I was just listening' which was partly true.

When it was lunch, I grabbed my tray and walked over to our table. I sat between Dari and Jules, like usual. "(n/n) are you going to talk about what's bothering you?" Jules got right to the point. His words caught everyone at our tables attention. Their worried and curious eyes on me, I say softly, "I-i'm probably ne-never going to see you guys ever again."

"Why, are you moving?" asked Dari. I took a deep breath, trying to calm down. "Something like that..." I so badly want to rant to them and get this all off my chest, but I know I can't. I have to act somewhat normal. I was told to act normal, they might do something to my family if I don't.

"When are you moving?" Vivi asked. "T-today..." Tears started to well up in my eyes. "Aww, (n/n) we're going to miss you." Dari's words nearly made me cry. I will miss them all so much. "Y-you don't even know how much I'll miss you guys," I said tears threatening to spill.

I hugged them all at once. Tears streaming down my face. I cried silently in their embrace. When it was time to go back to class I linked arms with Jules, who was like a twin brother to me, and refused to let go until we absolutely had to. I walked with him until we reached his class which I didn't normally do, but he was fine with it. I don't care if I am late to my next class all I normally do in it is draw and wait for the phone to ring.

When school was over I only brought with me what was necessary. My school bag consisted of: water bottle, tissues, wet wipes, felt pouch with locket, silk cloth with dagger, mom's headband, strange books. My duffel bag consisted of: Clothes, strange snacks.

I told all of my besties goodbye and gave them each a hug before I left school grounds. My heart ached with each step I took away from them. Trying to keep my composure, I took a deep horse breath and continued to walk without a destination. I walked past a cute little coffee shop and decided to stop there, in desperate need of an energy boost.

I walked into the quaint little shop and noticed there were very few people in it. As soon as the lady behind the counter noticed me she said, "Oh, you must be (y/n)! The boss is waiting for you in the back!" Shocked and scared I stood frozen in place. "Oh don't be worried there is nothing to fear! The boss just wants to speak with you," she said in an all too cheery voice. "Come with me I'll show you to his office!" I silently remind myself to go without struggle like mom said and followed her to the back.