02 | together

Stephen landed on one floating asteroid and Josephine turned back into her human form

Stephen landed on one floating asteroid and Josephine turned back into her human form. Stephen conjured his spell and looked at Josephine. She nodded in at him.

The strategy was simple, and Josephine should just stay behind, not doing anything reckless and let the time-craft work.

"Behind us". Jospehine said quietly as both of them turned slowly, only to be slightly agape at the entity that appeared before them. Even for Josephine, this entity was something she shouldn't underestimate, even if she had met him in her goddess life.

Stephen approached and while looking at his arm, making sure the spell worked with Josephine followed, steady as ever.

"Dormammu, I've come to bargain"

"You've come to die". Dormammu hissed. "Your world is now my world...like all worlds"

With that suddenly sharp spheres attacked them. Both Stephen and Josephine evaded the upcoming sharp things when Dormammu then attacked with a full force from his mouth. Stephen grabbed Josephine's who was unaware by the hip and shielded both of them.

"In a count of three, open the shield and let my power blast this force back". Josephine said in his ear. But before they could even did the strategy, Stephen's shield couldn't hold any longer. Stephen tightened his grip on her waist and Josephine finally closed here eyes, hid her face on his shoulder as they were both blasted.

Time reverted.

"Oh god". Josephine exclaimed quietly. Realizing she was back to live after experiencing such death acts.

"Josephine". Stephen called. "In one way or another I believe you could defeat him"

Ever since Stephen learn the Mystical Arts, it was easy to detect someone's energy to measure before engaging into a fight.

Josephine was no different. Stephen sense something powerful within her, something dark and unfamiliar. Things that he shouldn't and wouldn't underestimate. In addition her statement of 'was being a goddess' thing was also a thing to consider.

Mystical Arts was a new 'irrational' thing for him to embrace. A goddess, a myth on the other hand was no different.

"I'm not sure, with this entity being in his dome, and he's got many worlds as his fuel already"

"True. But I'm not done yet. I don't meant for us to defeat him"

Josephine stayed quiet and Stephen continued.

"The point is to make him tired of our tricks, and send him off of earth. We cannot risked ourselves to defeat him. You also know the possibility of our winning is not absolute, right?"

"Knowing also that The Ancient One used to use his life force for her longevity, probably this entity is meant to be alive, not in our world, but in this universe, balancing the scale of good and bad, whatever The Ancient One has said to me"