PROM WITH ME!

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains content that some might find disturbing involving r*pe attempt, sexual assault, ...

***

Liam had never been to a prom even though he'd spent three years into this college thing. He didn't think he should go to one either, until Louis Tomlinson decided he had been too boring for this world.

"Hey, hey, hey... Don't even think you can have your way with me. Drop that kicked puppy eyes of yours." Louis stopped right in his track and turned around where Liam almost bumped his nose into his shoulder while he was following his friend like a lost puppy. 

Liam looked up, pushing his glasses back to the bridge of his nose with his knuckle and drawing the books closer to his chest. "But I have Biology exam in like- four days after."

Louis put his hands either side on his hips, eyes rolling. "Everyone has it the same day as you."

"But Lou-"

"No but." Louis shut him up with his finger placed in front of his lips and shook his head slightly. He waited for Liam to stop whining and put a folded note into Liam's hand. "Remember it's a prom. Earn you one because there's no such a Charming prince waiting for you up the stairs."

Liam pursed as he watched Louis waving loosely while he slid down the hall, cursing mentally in his mind and unfolding the note.

"Hotties you can take to the prom <3<3<3"

Liam groaned and shoved it into between the book on top he had in his arms. Louis really thought he was somewhere to choose one among them.

***

The library was too quiet, for most people's liking, but Liam found it should be that way if it was supposed to be all about studying. Since it was lunch, Liam happened to be the only one in there, after Tristian's shift had been over and he handed the key to him, a little privilege he earned for being a reader fulltime. 

It was in the middle of his reading session that he saw the note again, folded and held between two sheets of the book that happened to be the next chapter he was going to save for tomorrow. Liam hesitated for a moment, flipping the book close and then opening it right where he had just been on it, before he decided to take a look briefly. Anyway, it didn't seem like it was going to change anything. Liam wasn't going to choose, was the thing.

***

Liam wasn't going to choose, but he wasn't going to lie to himself either, the one would be Brandon Barners. The guy was gallant, smart and his bunch of jokes was a killing. Most of all, Liam knew that the guy knew him, or at least knew his name. It would be embarrassing if the guy you asked to go prom with you didn't even know who you were.

But again, he wasn't going to choose.

It didn't take much for him to push it aside and sink into his world again, that even the door open didn't catch his attention.

"Why so bothered?"

Liam turned around and there was a small poke on his nose.

"Prettie!"

He froze on the seat, his eyes wide and his jaws dropped slightly. Speaking of the evil, Brandon Barners was right here in front of him. Liam's mouth twitched in a silly smile and his word came out stuttered. "H-Hi!"

"Must be a problem with," Brandon tilted his head slightly to get a good view at the book in Liam's hand. "Politics, huh?"

He jerked his chin toward the book in Liam's hand and dropped himself freely to the seat beside him. His eyes kept contact as he readjusted himself so that he could see Liam without glancing up at the corner of his eye. His arm sneaked behind Liam's back, not really touching him anywhere.