Prologue & Chapter 1: The Rise Of the Villian & Hero

[Since this is an AU, this wouldn't take in Miitopia... But a world of my creation, Xenith! But the plot of the Dark Lord stealing the faces still exist and have similar plots and structure.]

Faces. Faces would be seen as something important to many of us.

But what happens if you lose them?

And that is exactly what happens in the world of Xenith.

=====

"Nishishi~" a voice echoed into the box.

A young boy working in the Teckaru Potion Company (basically a factory selling HP Bananas except they're potions now) heard a voice in the crate.

"Who is that?" He nervously yelled in the vacant factory. Everyone was gone, he was the only person working for the night shift.

"Hey, I know you seem quite tiring working night shift..." He heard the voice from the candy crate.

He seemed to be hooked from what he said.

"I can help you become rich with prosperity," the voice from the crate whispered, "and we'll both become rulers. Just start by opening this crate..."

The boy, being swayed, open the Pandora Box.

And sometimes, things aren't meant to be open.

"NISHISHI!!!" A face floated above.

[It's still a nightmare to look at this face!]

"Ahhhh!!" The boy screamed as nobody came for help.

"It's too late, boy!" The floating face laughed, "be filled with my zeteubo!"

And with that, the world was ready to be painted with despair...

=====

The world of Xenith was filled with happiness and magic.

At least, for a few eras.

A new threat has been risen!

The Twilight Tsadi!

The Twilight Tsadi, you ask...

The Twilight Tsadi were rumored to be an organization of people all over the galaxy, destroying other galaxies for other reasons...

But who knows?

And Xenith was just invaded by the Twilight Tsadi.

And the purpose of the Twilight Tsadi? Why they kill? Don't ask me.

I actually don't know why.

And also, nobody in Xenith had expected an attack from the Twilight Tsadi. Although everyone had heard the Twilight Tsadi from the rumors and their crimes...

...who expected them to invade?

This was the same with our protagonist, Kandashi.

Kandashi was just a traveler. I mean, he never planned his travels to be that long, in the first place.

He went to a rock and sat down after walking for hours and hours.

After all, he packed a lunch to eat, as he ate food.

Then, he saw nothing but an innocent butterfly flying.

At least, it was innocent for a moment.

"What is that?" Kandashi asked himself as he had seemed to have seen something above.

A pair of eyes. It looked unrealistic, but a pair of 2D eyes were floating in the air.

The butterfly furiously fluttered as it collided with the eyes.

"EEEEH!" the butterfly screeched as it scared Kandashi.

It's pink wings were now having a pair of eyes, as it flapped its wings, imitating and looking bigger.

"Ahh!" Kandashi yelled as he dropped his food and yelled.

Well, he eventually ran to the nearest town, which wasn't really far away.

If what he saw was true, these were rumors of the Twilight Tsadi. They were to have to said have magic that had the power to steal their victims faces.

"What's wrong, young traveler?" a man came forward asking. He comforted Kandashi by hitting him in the back, as there had to be some kind of problem, he thought.

Kandashi was speechless. He couldn't believe what he saw.

"T-there was a--"

A gigantic dark cloud covered the sky.

CRASH!

The lightning's echo thundered the whole town, as a dark form seemed to be floating.

A man.

A man with black skin that slightly glowed purple. He was floating on what seemed to be a thundercloud that also had a face.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" his voice echoed just like the thunder, "I am Lord Zetsubo!"

Lord Zetsubo had a familiar face. Although, I think I was getting fooled, of course. His hairdo-- it was purple. He had ragged clothing in shades or purple.

Even his iris. The only thing that wasn't purple wasn't the white part of his eyes.

"Haha!" the whole crowd laughed, "you can't be the rumored person we know as!"

"Are you underestimating my powers?" Lord Zetsubo yelled as his black amulet glowed brightly.

Suddenly, some people were shacking uncontrollably. And there face floated, as I heard them screaming as they all came towards Lord Zetsubo.

"This is your punishment for underestimating!" Lord Zetsubo yelled, "karma!"

Then he disappeared.

And the dark clouds were gone.

The bright sun was still shining.

But I was sure it was shining nothing but despair.

"So it was true!" a man yelled with fear, "the Twilight Tsadi had come to invade Xenith! WE're all going to die!"

"Don't say something like that!" a woman yelled, "they're is still hope!"

Hope. Did that really exist when we can't return people's faces?

The woman got closer to me.

"Hey," she told me, "you, traveler."

"Huh?" Kandashi asked.

"The deities believe that you can save the world with 9 other people." she told me.

I paused.

"Wait what?" Kandashi yelled, "how--"

"You're the new hero, I guess," a young girl smiled at me, "the hero of Kut-Kut!"

I somehow got a smile from that.

"Well, before you leave this town, have this." the woman told me.

*Kandashi got a ??? amulet!

"Well, be safe traveler!" she yelled as I waved everyone a goodbye.

I wished if my fate wasn't like this, but well, fate.

Fate is nothing but something that you couldn't predict in the first place.

And it was quite interesting that fate has chosen me a "hero" role in life.

======

Word count: 1001+

I actually planned the Prologule and the Chapter 1 separate, but the Progule was quiet short, so I combined to one!

I hope you like the first part of this new adventure!

(Art above is a photoshoot from Gacha Life and that is one of my OCs Kandashi)