Chapter 4: The Second Face

"Are we there yet?" Kiyo complained as she was tired of walking.

"We just walked for 4 minutes," Kandashi told her, "are you possibly a flat-footed?"

"What does that mean?" Kiyo asked.

"It means that your bone on the foot-- it's supposed to be in the shape of an arch. But some people don't have it as an arch when born," Kandashi explained, "4% of these children are flat-footed. And for them, walking is hard."

"I don't think so," Kiyo panted as she looked at the Forest, "just why are there so many trees here!" she screamed.

"You do scream loud," Kandashi joked as they continued walking.

*Enemy Approaching!!!

"Now what again???" Kandashi yelled again.

"Hm, goblins we saw again before..." Kiyo told him.

But somehow, this goblin had a friend.

"Good, then..." Kandashi smiled as he had taken out a bronze sword.

The Goblin then attacked Kiyo.

*First Cool Instinct: Dodge!

*Kiyo dodges the attack!

"You changed your sword?" Kiyo asked as she cooly dodged to Goblin's attack.

"Yep!" Kandashi smiled, "and I'm going to see how strong it is!"

*Kandashi is showing off!

Slamming the left goblin with his new Bronze Sword, the sword had made a slice on the Goblin, that there were some gooey, icky blood on his gloves.

*Goblin B took 8 HP!

"Ooh..." Kiyo made a disgusted face as she slammed the same Goblin with her staff.

*Goblin B took 5 HP and has died!

*Faces Rescued: 6

"Take that!" she yelled.

Maybe for revenge, but the other goblin butted Kandashi quite hard than usual.

*Kandashi took 5 HP!

"Ow..." Kandashi moaned with pain as his hands couldn't get off of his stomach. A small stain of blood he threw up was now mixed with his gloves.

For a moment, he was paralyzed, but he moved with his strength that still resided with him.

*Goblin A took 6 HP!

Kiyo slightly looked angry. Maybe a delusion, we hope.

Kiyo slammed her staff hard, that we all were worried that it would snap in two.

*Goblin A took 6 HP and died!

*Faces Rescued: 7

*Team Kandashi won!

"Phew!" Kiyo swiped her sweat off with her arms, "quite close! And Kandashi, you ok there?"

"I am..." he managed to smile, "at least I can still walk and fight."

Kiyo made a non-Duchenne smile, at least happy that he wasn't dead.

The continued walking, as Kandashi got some of his HP back.

=====

"Did you guys ever thought what would be outside of Zenith?" the Wild questioned them all of a sudden.

"I don't know..." Kiyo made an IDK face, "maybe the asena (afterlife) known as Urth?"

(Urth is Earth here, since Zenith is above the sky and falling out of these floating islands were believed to be a great punishment of a major crime. High chance that you wouldn't survive the fall.)