When earth met hell

Sunlight.

Is that sunlight?

Oww.Why does my head hurt so much?

I opened my eyes to the sunlight creeping in through the cracks in the roof.I was lying down.I tried getting up,but that's where my first mistake was.No sooner had I gotten up than I heard it.

It started as a distant sound,a beat,off pace.It began to grow louder.I got up to locate the source and that's when the ground cracked underneath me and I began to fall into darkness,again.

It felt like I'd slept for hours.I don't remember what I dreamt, except for bits and piece,and disturbing ones too. I remember my house burning,people screaming everywhere and this,a set of gleaming eyes.It approached me,closer and closer.And then,I woke up.

The thing that scared me most were those eyes.They never had any specific color,those eyes.But I felt like if I stared into them for too long,my soul would be snatched away.

Too scared to look into them,and yet,drawn to their gaze.

I shook my head and kept those thoughts aside.For now,I already had problems in hand.

Where was I???

It was dark. Sunlight still seeped in through the hole I had fallen through,so I guessed it was still day time.But for how long I was unconscious,I had no clue.

I searched around me looking for something,anything.

By the time my eyes had got adjusted to the light I had already figured out that I had fallen through a floor,straight into the basement.

But something was familiar about this place.

I couldn't nail what exactly it was,but something at the back of my head kept telling me that I had been here before.

Often. Recent.

I walk through the dim light and into a corridor. Using my hands and the walls,I walked beside it till I found a break in it leading me to flight of stairs that headed up.

As I climbed up,I placed my hand on the railing for balance,I felt it suddenly vibrate,as if someone was shaking it from above.Then I remember a scene from the movie jurrassic park 3 where the kid is crossing the bridge and the railing vibrated signaling there was something waiting for him ahead,waiting in the mist.

The exact same the was happening to me now.

I wasn't alone.

I climbed up step by step with caution.

I reached the ground floor.

I looked around and saw the wreckage.

Half the building from the right up was missing,marking the start of a huge crater whose edges vanished off into the distance.

That's when it hit me.This building.The reason it was so familiar was because it was my college!

How did I end up here?!

The sight though disturbing,calmed me down a bit as the feeling of being lost slowly dissloved.

The building was familiar and unrecognizable at the same time. Though the structure itself was newly buily,It was like someone had place it in the jungle for a hundred years and had forgotten to garden it.

There were roots growing through the cracks,leaves ornating the walls and vines covered the floor.

I looked around searching for an exit.But the only exit I could take was the entrance to the crater,which would have been a bad choice because i couldnt see the crater bottom nor could I climb down its sides.

"Okay. No exit."

"Think of something else.'

"Wait,the side exit.Maybe that's still intact."

I started towards the hallway that led to the side of the building and the exit.But I was stopped short in my track.

The entire passage was barricaded from ground to ceiling.

There was blood stains on the walls which I hadn't noticed earlier.

Suddenly the scene became horrifying as the I began to notice that the roots,they were blood veins,and the leaves.

They were....they were. Oh god,

I can't describe it.

And then the smell of decaying flesh hit me like a truck.

I made my way to the barricade and began to pull it apart. I pulled out a box the size of my hand creating a crack enough to see through.

I put my eye to it and stared into the darkness beyond.That's when it appeared,those eyes,slowly opening,growing brighter and brighter. Deep with such sorrow,and yet so comforting,drawing your soul forth.

My vision flared red and then,its true nature appeared and I made the mistake at looking at it. That image,it shall never leave me till the day I die and haunt me for eternity till my soul vanishes to nothing.

I opened my mouth,but no sound came.

I stepped back. The sound caught its attention,whatever it was.

I was about to turn and run,when suddenly something came crashing down on me.

My vison fluttered and the last thing I remember is that I'm on the ground and a shadow falls across my face. And I am gone, for the 3rd time that day since I woke up with no idea of what had happened.