Prologue

'What's a shame'

'That's what happen when you fight a losing battle'

'It's obvious that she will lose, I mean, it's the first seat we're talking.'

'She just put all of her efforts into waste.' The crowd stated as the results came out.

"And the winner of this shokugeki is none other than, our elite council's first seat! The undefeated, Tsukasa Eishi!" As soon as Y/N heard the MC declared the victor, her legs gave out.

Y/N was in total disbelief as she stared at the given scores. Three out of zero, all in favor of her older brother.

As Y/N fought back her tears to show no weakness. She clenched both of her hands into a ball of fist and asked a question to herself on what aspect did she lacked?

All her life, Y/N was nothing but a shadow to her brother. She was always doing her best to get her parents recognize her but as time goes by, she learned that whatever she does best won't be acknowledged by her parents unless she defeated her brother.

And since Y/N first entered Totsuki, she promised to herself that this is where she will beat his brother once and for all. So there has not been a day in school where Y/N has been slacking off.

Y/N would always stay up late at night to perfect her own cooking. Y/N's performance in class was always good and she aced every exam given to her.

Over the years in middle school, she had founded her own research facilities and has created a good image of her own at school.

She knew that she gave it her all for this match, and she knew that this time, she was fully prepared to face him head on.

But, what went wrong?

"And just like what we have talked about as a compensation for your lost, all of your research facilities that you have founded since middle school will be shut down, you'll move out from your fancy dorm and your privileges as a member of our clan will be taken from you." Tsukasa Eishi, Y/N's brother stated as he glared at her with his cold piercing eyes. (AN: In this story, Tsukasa is a prominent clan in Japan.)

"I know that we have also agreed that once you lost, you'll leave Totsuki but I have a better idea, little sister." Eishi smirked at his statement, while Y/N on the other hand does not try to hide the resentment that she has on her brother. "Since you're bearing the name of our beloved clan, I can't let you tarnish it because of your incompetence. From now on, you'll be helping me from my paper works, and will do things what you're told to do. Consider this as your last chance if you don't want your culinary career to be over." And with that, Eishi left not even giving Y/N a second look.

Y/N really despise the fact that her brother acts timid towards other people but when it comes to her, Eishi acts like a cocky jerk.

Once her brother is out of sight, some loyal members of her research facilities approached her on what they should do since these facilities that Y/N had founded will be shut down. It took years for them to gather the data to perfect their cooking and just because of Y/N 's greed to defeat her brother they will lose all of it.

"Y/N, what should we do? Can't you try to persuade your brother to at least give us a chance?" A male member said while the others agreed in unison.

Despite of her bitter lost, Y/N is a person who honor her words meaning she will have to give up the research facilities and her privileges. "I'm sorry everyone. I guess you will just have to join other organizations. We should not bend the rules of the Shokugeki just for our own desire, if we ever did then this cooking challenge won't serve its purpose."

Some members were mad about her lost. Y/N knows pretty well that they have warned her before she challenged her brother for a shokugeki. But who cares? Her parents' acknowledgement is her one and only ambition, so risking everything that she got is the only way to do so.

Unfortunately, things didn't go like the way she planned it.

"We know that you're the head of our research! However, we've also work our butts off for this! You promise us that you will win at all cost, Y/N! This is just stupid! Why do we have to suffer because of you?" A female member exclaimed furiously.

"Did you even care for us? Our future?" Another member stated.

Y/N wasn't able to respond.

She thought to herself why does she need to care about their future? She only had established those facilities for her own sake. Why does she need to care?

"You can just join or make your own research facilities if you still want to. I was the one who founded it anyway, so I can do whatever I want. Why does it concern you?" Y/N sighed as she massages her temples hoping it could stop the throbbing pain caused by an headache.

Her world starts to spin. She shut her eyes close, fighting off nausea. Y/N was too busy preparing for the shokugeki that she was not able to get enough sleep from the night before.

The members kept on complaining and showing their disappointment towards Y/N that they were oblivious to the fact that the said girl was feeling run-down.

Mustering her last piece of strength, Y/N silenced all of them and announced with a voice of authority that their organization is disbanded and shall not cross each other's path ever again. Some were left speechless, while some continued to complain.

In spite of that, Y/N couldn't care less about the member's protest. She decided to take her leave and turn away from them, however she regrets doing it as her headache worsen while her legs became wobbly.

The last thing that she saw before everything goes dark was a familiar mid-length brown haired student with cyan blue eyes coming to her aid.

"Isshiki Satoshi" She barely said under her breath.

__________

End of Chapter

09/01/20