Chapter 7

KIRISHIMA

For the next few days, Eijiro felt...

Neglected.

It was as if whenever he'd try to talk to Ashido, she'd be distracted, constantly on her phone and texting faster than he'd ever seen her fingers move before.

He felt so alone, and for the first time, he considered cutting.

He knew that he shouldn't do it. He had been doing so good, dicing vegetables and fruits instead of bringing the knife against his own skin.

But now, when he felt his loneliness seeping deeper into him, he found himself in the kitchen, staring into the drawer at a sharp knife.

He picked it up carefully, turning it this way and that, mesmerised by the way the light reflected off of the blade.

Do it, a voice in his head whispered. You lost your manliness long ago.

This voice was new. The only voice in his mind he'd been hearing for the past year was Bakugou's.

Do it.

He knew he shouldn't. He didn't want to, but it was as if the light reflecting off the blade in his hand was taunting him.

Do it.

Do it.

"N-no," he muttered, his hands shaking.

Do it.

"St-stop." Kirishima whimpered, his eyes burning.

Do it.

"I-I don't want t-to!"

Do it. Do it. Do it.

There were three voices now, chanting in his head. Eijiro's breathing sped up and he felt his heart pounding in his ears.

"N-no!"

He faintly heard Ashido's voice calling his name. He knew she was right next to him, but why did she sound so far away?

Do it. Do it.

"I d-don't want to!" he cried, tears slipping past his lashes.

Do it. Do it.

"Make it stop! P-please!" he yelled, his empty hand going into his hair and holding his head.

"Kiri, honey, can you hear me?" Mina's voice was so muddled, so quiet.

Do it. Do it. Do it.

"Stop it! Y-you can't m-make me!" he yelled, squeezing his eyes shut.

Do it. Do it.

"No! I d-don't want t-to!"

"Kiri!" Ashido's voice got even further away.

His head was pounding, breathing ragged and tears streaking his face.

Do it. Do it.

"Stop! Please!"

Then there was a new voice.

A nice voice.

A calm voice.

It was softly calling out to him.

"Eijiro."

Kirishima liked that voice. It was calming, familiar.

Do it. Do it. Do it.

"Stop it! I w-won't do it!" Kirishima yelled. He quickly put the knife down, clutching at his head. "I'm n-not d-doing it!"

"Eijiro."

The nice voice was clearer now, but so far away.

Do it. Do it.

"I-I don't want to," he whimpered, dropping to the kitchen floor and curling into himself, repeating, "No, no, no, I-I won't do it, no."

"Eijiro."

Kirishima's head snapped up and he stared into Bakugou's eyes.

"It's alright," the blonde male said, crouching in front of him. "I'm here. The voices can't hurt you."

Kirishima's breathing slowed until it was normal and his tears stopped.

"Why don't we go to bed early today? Take a nice, long soak in the bathtub and get comfy in the bed together. I'll meet you in your room. What about it?" Bakugou said.

Kirishima nodded, a small smile on his face. He looked up at a concerned Ashido and shook his head. "I'm fine now, Bakugou helped me."

"That's good then, honey," she said with a small smile. "Are you going to bed now?"

"He said he'd meet me in my room after I'd bathed. Good night, Mama Mina."

"Good night, sweetheart."

Kirishima made his way to the bathroom, stripping and filling up the tub with warm water. There, he sat for a good 30 minutes, relishing in the comfort of the water.

When he finally got out and put on his clothes, he went into his room and saw Bakugou sitting on his bed.

"You sure took your time in there. Was it that good?"

Kirishima smiled and got into the bed alongside the blonde, pulling the covers over his shoulders. Like always, Eijiro asked him to sing.

And sing Bakugou did.

His voice, soft and smooth, lured him into a sleep relaxing him like no other.