Extreme Rules was...a lot to comprehend. Lets talk about that.

So basically this is just like a really long authors note I guess. (Feel free to skip this chapter it's just a review of Extreme Rules that I found in my drafts)

Extreme rules. One of my favourite PPVs. Survivor Series and Elimination Chamber are my favourites but I love extreme rules too.

As much as I love extreme rules...whoever booked that shit needs to be fired ASAP. Sure some points in the night were amazing, the majority of it however was not.

Seth VS Rey:

This is the first one I'm gonna talk about because:

A) the stipulation was definitely...extreme.
B) Seth and Rey are two incredibly entertaining wrestlers
And C) it was definitely a horror show..

Seth Rollins, a man of many talents. I was extremely pumped from the announcement that he would be facing Rey at Extreme Rules, this was certainly a match that was destined to be the centre of attention. As soon as they announced it was an eye for an eye match, I was excited yet disgusted and genuinely wanted to see how they'd pull it off.

Obviously This was booked to be an instant classic. One that would go down in the books as an all time great and somehow like always, the writers had me two seconds away from becoming an AEW fan.

Not that it wasn't a good match, it was somewhat entertaining and the storyline was definitely something to be invested in. I just didn't particularly enjoy Seth throwing up or the fact that Rey lost.

I get it, they're putting Seth over because well..WWE isn't exactly a job you can do forever.

Rey doing the stomp to Seth was a definite highlight of the match as well as Seth using the ring post to wedge a kendo stick into it, but I just wanted to turn it off the entire time.

The thought of someone's eye needing to be pulled out made me sick to my stomach and obviously Seth too.

It was messy, yet entertaining.
Good, yet somehow bad at the same time.
Nothing particularly made it the match it was endlessly promoted to be.

If I had to give it a rating out of 10. It'd be a solid 5. Nothing special, nothing I NEEDED to see but, something that I continued watching as the stipulation was as intriguing as it was sickening.

Owens VS Murphy (the kickoff)

Owens has dedicated himself to helping out the legend Rey mysterio over the last couple of episodes of Monday night raw. He had it in for Seth as Seth wanted to end the career of one of the most entertaining men in WWE history.

Obviously as a good heel does, Seth made sure Murphy would get the opportunity to face him, as a way of getting his disciple to do his dirty work.

An entertaining back and forth between Kevin and Murphy began, instantly drawing me in. The match was mediocre at best and not worth a second watch. One good thing I will say about this match in particular is that it was booked to be as entertaining as a kickoff match should be.

Not too many big stunts, no over the top moves or selling. Owens and Murphy definitely deserved praise for getting us hyped for the rest of the night.

So despite not exactly wanting to give the match a second watch, I would definitely say that those men went beyond and above expectations for a kickoff match and I'd be open to see one of a similar kind, perhaps with a stipulation.

I'd rate it a solid 6 out of 10. Personally, I think it was a little more entertaining than the eye for an eye match. (But maybe that's because throwing up and people getting their eyes injured are two of my worst sickness triggers)