3; Mesmerized

It was camping night.

It's actually not the usual outback camping. The school had this annual science camp held at the campus grounds every fall season.

Eula dragged her duffel bag as she shifted her heavy backpack to a more comfortable position. She could hear a certain brunette's shrill voice echoing around the field.

As she trudged towards her friends, Eula's duffel became miraculously light. She checked if her duffel was still present and she was faced with a grinning boy, his strawberry blond hair messy as if he just woke up.

Eula blushed, but the darkness hid it, much to her relief. She kept quiet though, and together, they went to their rather noisy friends.

"For the nth time, this spot is perfectly fine!" Maffi huffed, pulling her brown hair in frustration. She had been arguing with Luke about their spot, the raven boy insisting that they move to another place while Maffi objected.

"It's better there!" Luke reasoned, pointing towards a certain spot close to the side of the field. They were settled on the center at the moment.

"What do you mean 'better'? It's practically the same! Do you want us to move these tents and our heavy baggage there just so you can flirt with those cheerleaders?!" Maffi was close to tears when she exploded. She glared at Luke while the said man kept silent.

It was pretty awkward, and Eula was debating on whether to enter the scene or stay at the sidelines for the mean time. Oker chose the latter so she went with him.

Maffi abruptly stood up from her place while the others just followed her with their eyes. She stomped her way to her shared tent with Eula and removed the pins hammered to the ground before dragging it to the place where Luke wished to stay at.

Everyone's eyes widened and June went up to stop the brunette, but she was so stubborn that not even June could hold her back.

Eula decided it was enough and she stepped up into the scene, her voice booming.

"Maffi, that's enough."

The brunette freezes, and then looked at Eula. Maffi dropped the tent and ran towards her, burying her tear-stained face at the nook of Eula's right shoulder.

"I so damn hate him." Maffi muttered as she sniffed. Trent and the twins made their way to the disgruntled tent and tried to fix it while June and Ferlyn arranged the stuffs that were messed up with Maffi's outburst. Luke just stood there sheepishly staring at the ground.

Eula embraced the sobbing girl, dropping her backpack which June caught, making the former thankful.

What a dramatic event and the camp hadn't even started yet.

**

"What the hell June?!" Eula shrieked. She actually shrieked.