Chapter: 21

3rd POV

After the two boys had spilled their confessions, they started towards the common room once more. Where they were going in the first place. Luckily, Todoroki was still there.

Shinsou immediately walked over to Todoroki, pulling him aside from everyone else towards the kitchen. Kaminari's stood right beside him, but didn't initiate the conversation because he still had no idea what was going on.

Todoroki, however, did not miss the two holding hands.

"Toga," Shinsou started. Todoroki gave him a confused look and opened his mouth to talk but Shinsou started again. "That's what happened. She told you something didn't she? No matter. Toga and I had gotten into a fight about Izuku and Izuku over heard some of it, upsetting him. Details are complicated." Shinsou said with a vague flick of his wrist.

If he were being honest, bringing up Toga like this also brought back what she had said.

Villains. Nothing but villains.

The words echoed in his mind. Shinsou wanted so badly to forgive her, but her words played at his past trauma so he'd need a little longer to think before he did anything drastic.

"Hitoshi, Todoroki is saying something."

Kaminari calmly snapped Shinsou out of his small trance, not letting go of his hand.

"Right." Shinsou shook his head slightly, focusing back on reality. "I'm listening Todoroki." Shinsou said politely, Todoroki was honestly the only person he would ever be polite with. Only because Todoroki was always so polite with him when others were around.

"I was asking what Toga said to make Izuku  act this weird. If that isn't too personal." Todoroki repeated.

Shinsou winced slightly, tilting his head to the side as he didn't know how one would normally react to that.

"Well, Toga thinks that after we graduate we should go back to vigilantism. I think otherwise because I know that Izuku wants to stay here. She started spewing utter nonsense and eventually she said something about how you can love him because we are villains. I don't remember the exact words." Shinsou tried to shrug like he was nonchalant about the whole situation but in reality this entire scenario gave him chills.

It just didn't feel right, Toga wouldn't ever say things like that. Had she always been like this? Had Shinsou spent more time around so many more people that Toga's odd behavior was finally showing to him again? Or was UA just making her crazy? Probably all of the above.

Todoroki faintly blushed at the mention of him loving Izuku, or not, technically. He quickly recovered, keeping a neutral face.

Not because Shinsou was there, because others were. And even though they couldn't hear this conversation, they could very well see.

"That's what's got him so wound up?" Todoroki asked, almost not believing Shinsou for a second.

Izuku didn't even love him like that, why would such a thing matter?

Shinsou sighed, frustrated. "Yeah. Hey, do you mind telling me whatever Toga told you that made you act so weird yesterday?" He asked, looking towards Todoroki expectantly.

"Oh, she just told me that I needed to back off because I was leading you both on, said I needed someone to knock some sense into me." He shrugged.

That had been the entire conversation.

Shinsou outright laughed. "Leading us both on? Jeez, she sure is something. I'll be honest, you had me going for a second, but no, Izuku was always going to be the one who got to like you. Besides I had my eye on someone else." Shinsou winked at Kaminari before turning towards Todoroki again.