Chapter 19: Battle Aftermath.

Third Person's POV

The silence was overwhelming. The only sound was the quiet sobbing from Ashley as she held Sonic in her arms, large gashing wounds bleed from his body as he remains motionless in his girlfriend's arms. Then a ring portal appears as Tom and Maddie came out.

Tom: what happened?! We saw you guys going  through a portal and—

When Tom took a glimpse of Sonic, he breathed out a very shaky sigh as tears began falling out of his eyes. Maddie saw her dead adopted son also as she buries her tearful face into her husband's chest.

Ace: *gets up and walks towards a light stand* THOSE BASTARDS!!!!! *punches it and breaks down crying*

As Ash walks up and comforts Ace, Ashley still cradled Sonic in her arms as tears continued falling down her cheeks.

Ashley: *cries* We went through a lot together. We went through B-Bar fights, drunk idiots, robots, car crashes and an evil government w-whack job. We went through it all......and I cannot believe all of this is ending like this!

Still filled with a lot of sorrowful grief, Ashley hugged her boyfriend Even more tighter then before. Her tears for now like a river leading to a heart that was ripped in two the exact same way as how Butch made that gashing wound on Sonic's neck.

Before she could Hear someone say "come on Ashley." Or "let him go", Ashley closes her eyes and cuddled him one more time before saying in a quiet and cracky voice.....

Ashley: you didn't have to go, Sonic......you didn't have to........

But before Ashley could get up and walk to Tom and Maddie, a weak.........yet familiar voice spoke in her ear.

————————————————————

🐺Ashley's POV🐺

???: .....A-Ashley......

That voice! I heard it before! It sounds like a once energetic voice now with all of it's energy gone. I then felt a soft hand stroking my tears way from my eyes as I look down and saw Sonic's ears twitch.........as he opens his eyes once again.

Ashley: *gasps* S-Sonic?

Sonic: *looks at her exhaustedly with a smile* ......hehe.....what? You really think Butch would just kill me that easily? *chuckles weakly*

Ashley: SONIC!!!!! *hugs him tight*

Fiver: *sees Sonic alive* SONIC! *slaps a mourning Hazel* and quit your crying you wuss-ass!

Hazel: Fiver! Why the hell did you sla— *sees Sonic* FRITH'S FURY!!!!!

Bigwig: *sniffs* what's going on no—*sees Sonic* SONIC!!!!! *runs to him*

Fiver: *runs to him*

Hazel: *dumbfounded in surprise* OK I guess The Black Rabbit had other ideas for him.

Everyone runs to me and Sonic and embraces us in a tight hug. We then see my dad still crying his heart out.

Sonic: Ace?......w-why are you crying?

Ace: *sniffs* it's just.......y-you're dead, kid.

Sonic: OH FOR LONGCLAW'S SAKE! I'M ALIVE YOU AMPHIBIAN!!!!!

Ace: *turns to him* CALL ME AN AMPHIBIAN ONE MORE TIME AND I'LL— *sees Sonic alive* holy S—

Scourge: TINY HOG!!!!!