New Beginning.

Clara's pov

"Finally"Clara thought as she readied her things for her departure. She was about to leave home to pursue her dreams. Particularly to join the University of Nairobi. Something she had always wished for.

She gave a sad smile as she looked at her tiny cold room that had been her home for the past 8 years. The room barely had anything other than a small mattress at the corner and a thin blanket curled up on top of the mattress.

Looking at it she wasn't sure how she had survived for all those years.

She hated it, that she didn't have much to carry away with her, other than her few clothes and a photo frame of her dead parents.

She let a tear fall at the memory of all she had gone through at the hands of her foster parents. All the cold nights she had slept in that tiny dark room, all the days she went without food, she remembered it more and her heart grew fonder of the idea of leaving.

She had already packed all her things and was about to leave when her foster mother walked in.

"Why haven't you left yet? Could you just leave I can't stand your sight any longer. And please carry all your filth out of this room. I never want to see you again. Please don't ever come back. Do you know how hard it was to raise you all these years. It caused us so much money. So don't forget to pay us back for every penny we ever spent on you. " She shouted .

It was all she ever did. Clara recalled. Even when sue had come in as a ten year old, from the very first day it all been shouting and quarrelling.

With her there was always a reason to quarrel and fight.

She didn't say a word. She knew better than to. She had experienced it first hand on her first month in their care. They had beaten her to a point she couldn't walk, then they had denied her food. She had decided on that very day, once beaten twice shy. It was the same principle that had kept her alive of that time.

Looking at the screen of her tiny phone, she realized she was getting late . She quickly got up and raced to the bus station.

Luck was on her side, the base had not left yet. She quickly goy in and it left

The University truly was big, more than she had expected.  She was able to register on time and find a room. Even the room at campus was bigger and better than hers back home. She thought.

"Hi, I am Nadia" Her new roommate introduced herself.

"I am Clara" she studied her friend and realized they were so different.

While her clothes were worn out, Nadia's were new and seemed expensive.

As they got to know each other, they realized they had so much in common.At the end of the day, they had even gone shopping. With Nadia buying some clothes for Clara.

The next day Clara accompanied Nadia to a party. A charity event. While she felt out of place the whole time, she was grateful she had someone by her side to encourage her. A friend.

Hi guys I'm so excited for this story as it is my first one. Please just give it a chance since it might not be perfect. 💓💓💓💓love you guys