Ch.3

"Saaraaah," Bobby sang, "can you come play with me, Sadie is sick."

Sadie has woken up in the middle of the night throwing up and feverish. Beth says it must've been something she ate. Pitty, Sadie was always so happy.

"Yea, let get my shoes on."

"Sarah before you go, can you pack a lunch, knowing Bobby you guys won't be back till later." I packed two sandwiches and we headed out.

We hiked to a clearing no to far from the cabin. We've come up here so many times, I know this place better than my own neighborhood. In the middle of the clearing there was an abandoned well. I sat on a near by rock taking in the view of the hillside as Bobby danced around with a stick. I started to eat my sandwich and asked Bobby if he was ready to eat his.

"No I'm still playing." He continued to run around the well tossing in small rocks.

"Just take at least a bite."

He grabbed his sandwich and started eating. He only took  a few bites and stated to play again. He set his sandwich down on the edge of the well and proceeded to climb it.

"Bobby get down from there, you're gonna fall!" I shouted for him.

He continued to dance around the wells edge skipping over his sandwich.

"No I'm no-"

And just like that, his foot slipped. He screamed for my name which was quickly halted by the sound of a body hitting the bottom of the well, echoing quietly. I comfortably finished my sandwich leaving his where it was placed and and started my way back to the cabin.

'Told you you would fall.' I thought to myself.

——~~——

"You're back early, where's Bobby?" Derek was in the shed sandingdown a chairi assume he had just built. "He's playing out back." It wasn't uncommon for Bobby to play out on his own so I wasn't questioned.

"Alright." He mumbled with a pencil lodged between his teeth.

I went upstairs and to find that Sadie hadn't moved. I went to place a kiss on her cold forehead. Beth had assumed that she was sleeping this entire time. She left her in her bed, untouched and unresponsive. I walked over to find that Beth in a similar sleep, just not as permanent. I gently placed myself on top of her, a knee on either side of her body. I grabbed the pillow next to her and placed it over face. I slowly started to add pressure. She started to move realizing what was happening to her. I struggle trying to hold down the pillow as her nails were clawing at my arms. Her muffled scream soon became inaudible, her body no longer struggling to remove the object covering her face.

I got off her immobile body and placed the pillow as it was before. I covered her with the bed sheet and made my way to the bathroom.

"Fuck" I whispered to myself.

The scratches weren't deep but managed to make me bleed. It stung a little as I tried to wipe most of the blood away. I looked at myself the mirror unable to recognize the girl standing in front of me. Was this who I really was. No. This was the monster he made me became.