»Level 3: No Good at Tests

[ LEVEL 3: START ]
——————————-

A yawn escaped Akarin's lips as she stretched her arms above her head.

She, Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio had finally arrived at their destination - Dolle Harbor - to make their way to the Hunter Exam. The four of them had just gotten off the boat and were currently waiting for Gon to finish up his goodbyes with the captain.

"I'm sleepy..." The brunette mumbled as she slumped over, her eyes closed as she nearly dozed off from where she stood.

"Ehh? You're tired already?" The taller of the four questioned the smaller girl. "We've barely even gotten to the actual exam!" Akarin opened one eye to peek at the tall man.

"You were heavy to pull back onto the ship..."

"Hah? I'm not THAT heavy, dammit!"

"Mm..."

"Heyy!" Gon shouted, making the three of them turn towards his direction. The boy clad in green ran over to them, a bright smile on his face as per usual. Akarin offered her friend a small wave as he joined them.

[ ]

"Huh... That's strange."

"Why?" Gon questioned as the three of them looked towards their tall, lanky friend, who seemed troubled.

"According to the notice I received," Leorio turned to them, "the exam is supposedly being held somewhere in Zaban City." Akarin tilted her head to the side, letting out a small hum as her large eyes glazed over the map in front of them. "Right now, we're here," The tall dark-haired male pointed to the location on the map labeled 'Dolle Harbor,' before pointing up towards the cedar tree they were supposed to go to, in regards to what the captain had told Gon. "That cedar tree is in the opposite direction."

Kurapika looked down at Gon. "Perhaps you misheard him?" The blond questioned, the latter shaking his head.

"No, he told me to head towards the cedar tree." The green boy replied.

"I see..." Kurapika placed his hand on his chin.

Akarin blinked as she looked between her three friends. "Maybe it's a trick..." Gon and Kurapika looked at her.

"Maybe you're right," the Kurta boy hummed. "But who's doing the tricking?" Akarin only shrugged, much to Leorio's dismay.

"You're no help!" Leorio said before shifting his gaze from the smaller girl to the paper in his hands, "And this notice isn't any help, either!" He placed a hand on his head in frustration. "Where, exactly in Zaban City are we meant to go?"

"Our task is to find the exam sight," Kurapika folded his arms, "using a limited amount of information. As Akarin suggested, it's just another test before we'll be allowed to take the Hunter Exam."

"I-I knew that!" Leorio stuttered, clearly flustered. "I already knew that!"

"Anyways," Gon spoke up, "I'll go take a look." The boy in green turned to the left as he began to leave in the direction of the cedar tree,
"The captain must've had a reason to suggest that."