chapter 2

I busted through my front door and dropped my bookbag onto the floor running up to my room slamming the door.

I reached under the bed and pulled out a large suitcase throwing in clothes and anything else I would need for a 2 year trip.

once I was done packing, I changed out of my uniform and into a nirvana tank too, a grey flannel, doc martens, and tugged my hair out of its ponytail.

I grabbed my luggage and walked out my bedroom door.

"hey! are you leaving?" my dad shouted across the house.

i shook my head yes.

I heard footsteps follow behind me as I walked down stairs to the front door.

my dad grabbed my shoulder and spun me around, pulling me in for a hug.

"uuh" i groaned

"have a nice trip. i love you." he smiled

I nodded.

"bye." he waved.

I continued going down the steps until I reached the front door.

••••••••••

i stood outside the airport and smiled for the first time in forever. I opened the doors and placed my luggage on the luggage carrier. then I grabbed my carry on bag and stood in line with my passport and boarding pass in hand.

"miss?" i heard a French woman say.

I nodded, handing her my pass and showing her my passport.

"okay. you're good." the attendant said. "have a nice flight." she smiled.

"mhm." I walked onto the plane sitting down next to a window.

I shuffled through my bag and grabbed my phone, turning on "second and sebring" by of mice and men.

I leaned back and closed my eyes, smiling. im finally free.

I know a lot of you may be confused but Preston is going on a 2 year trip since she just finished high school. who can guess where?!