Age Is Just A Number

I stared at my appearence. You could say at the least I wasn't pleased. I never would be. The clock across the room signaled that I had just enough time to do what I desperately needed to.

I took a deep breath before walking over to my bed. I knelt down, and lifted the bedskirt. I felt around for the box that contained just what I needed. Finally feeling the cold tin, I pulled it from under the bed, and flipped open the lid.

I gently lifted one of many out of the box, and proceeded to the bathroom. I sat down against the toilet, and rolled up my sleeve where my skin in dire need of the contact it was about to get.

Slowly, but surely, the razor sliced into my skin, feeling like it had never left. I let the cold metal slice numerous times across my scarred skin. I dropped the razor, suddenly feeling dizzy.

I've gone too deep.

I thought just before slipping into a overwhelming, but peaceful darkness.

*Beep.. Beep.. Beep*

I woke up to the sound of the heart monitor. I tried to move, but pain shot through my right wrist. Soon a doctor came in.

"Hello, Lennon. You're awake I see?"

I just simply nodded my head.

"You're going to be alright. You have a few stitches, and you will have to come back in a few weeks to get them removed." He took a deep breath before continuing. "We will also be putting you on an antidepressant to see that something like this doesn't happen again."

I shook my head,

"No, I'm not taking it."

"Yes, you will." Aubrey said from the doorway.

"No." I said, still refusing.

Aubrey sighed, then looked at the doctor,

"Could you give us a moment?"

The doctor nodded, and left. The only sound he made was the clicking of his shoes on the white linoleum flooring.

"Bre, I can't take that."

"Yes you can, and you will."

I stared at her with pain in my eyes.

"Why? I don't need it."

"You think that after what just happened you don't need it?"

"It won't change my perspective on anything. It won't change the fact that I'm not happy. I didn't mean for it to go this far." I said motioning to the whole room.

She ran her hands through her hair, and sat down in the chair by my bedside.

"Len, you don't know how hard it was for me to walk in that bathroom, and see you laying on the floor. I can't loose you, I just can't! I'm barely hanging on myself! I won't make you take the medicine, but please, please, don't scare me like that."

Aubrey buried her face in her hands, and began to let out soft sobs.

I looked away, as my tears began to flood my vision.

God, they must hate me. They let me move in, and I repay them by practically bleeding out on their bathroom floor.

"They don't know." She said reading my mind.

"But what about..."

"I locked the door from the inside."

"I'm so sorry." I sobbed.

Aubrey got up from her seat and crawled into the bed.

"Shh. It's okay." She said, as I cried into her shirt.

**** A/N: This is like 2 months before the story begins. So.. Yeah.. Tell me what you think. (; ****