What's New

Mercedes: POV

"Whatever you do
Don't take your love away from me!"

I sang to Harmony, who trilled back. I continued to dance around her cage like a complete loon while I still had the energy.

Sometimes my strength zapped out of me like a superpower draining. It was so annoying. But I count my blessings when I am able to move.

I guess you could be wondering about what has happened since graduation...

Well...

I've been to plenty more doctor's appointments (I hate that) and we found out I'm having a girl. Lucy and Tana are so excited that they were right. Since Marcy let me name Mally his middle name, I let Marcy name my baby.

I really love the name Ivy so whatever she chose would have to go with that. She ended up picking Raven. I really liked it so the baby's name is Raven Ivy Puckerman. I didn't want her to have so many names like we did growing up so she's just a Puckerman.

Annie is over the moon for this. We've gone shopping for toys so much that my room looks like the mall. Laura, Marc, Maddie and Nic are at camp again so we can't see them but Laura has been online shopping something fierce and I get packages nearly every day.

My friends are all excited. Rory and Sammy had to go back home but everyone else still here is doing some major planning.

Kurt, T and Britt want her to be a fashionista, Tana wants her to rule the sandbox, Artie wants to teach her about computers, Finn wants to teach her drumming, Blaine wants to teach her how to box, Joe wants to teach her bible verses and how to play the guitar and Sugar just likes going shopping.

Even Ellen and Lauren (who's going to Florida State) are going bananas. Ellen wants to teach her how to shoot a camera while Lauren wants to teach her how to wrestle.

My friends were a mess.

But my family was even moreso. Mikey has completely gotten over his anger about this pregnancy and is saying how he's going to win Greatest Uncle again. Marc and Mal take exception to that but he stands by it.

Laura, Lucy and Maddie are all about being Best Aunt. They fight about it daily. Even our parents are nuts. Now that Beth has started calling Ms. Judy, Mrs. C and Ms. Nadine "Gram", they are pressing the twins to talk and are eager for me to have this baby so she can talk and call them Gram.

The only sane people are Marcy and Noah's grandmother, Bubbie Ruth. Bubbie continuously asks after me and tries to make sure I'm fine. She keeps on Noah to make sure he's "taking care of" me.

As for Marcy, she just doesn't care. She barely cares about baby talk that involves the twins. She does not put up with my moods or my cravings. If I get overwhelmed by my feelings, she'll call Noah or Annie and have them come over cuz she says she's not about to be bothered with me.

It's crazy to think I appreciate that. Someone who isn't treating me like spun glass? Noah breaks his neck trying to anticipate my every desire and Annie is driving me nuts asking after me every few minutes like I'm going to go from fine one second to not fine the next (not bringing up the fact that I totally have!).

Even Beth is ecstatic about this. Lucy explained how I'm going to have a baby and that it was a girl. So now when Beth sees me, she rubs my belly and yells, "Sissy!". It's super cute though.

The only person not excited is me. I always thought I'd be so happy when I got pregnant. Then again I always thought I'd be in my late twenties.

It doesn't seem fair. I've always practiced safe sex. Why was this happening to me?