Relationship Workshop

Mercedes: POV

I closed my suitcase before flipping it back open. Did I pack my toiletries? I searched for the bag and found it on my settee. I put it in my suitcase then zipped it closed.

There! I was packed.

I put on my shoes and put on my jacket before grabbing my purse and the suitcase off my bed. I went to Marcy's room. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah. Hold on." She was on the phone. She began speaking in a language I didn't know but suspected was Russian.

I sat on the trunk at the end of her bed to wait. I didn't have to wait long before she hung up and stood from her desk. "What was that about?"

"Just some business." She put her phone in her back pocket and looked around absentmindedly.

"What kind of business? Are you creating your own business like Marc did? He was seventeen. You're seventeen."

She looked at me blankly.

"You just don't want to tell me." I pouted.

The corner of her mouth kicked up and she left to go to her closet.

I scowled at the closed door. She knew she could tell me stuff!

She came back with her suitcase and set it on her bed before grabbing her jacket and purse. She shrugged into her jacket and slung her purse over her head. "Come on. Call Lucy and Tana and tell them I'm on my way."

I stood up and gathered my things. "I'll do it in the car."

"You know you should call Lucy now."

She was right. Drat! I took my phone out and called Lucy. She picked up after two rings. "Hi, Lucy. We're on our way. Okay. See you in a bit. Bye." I hung up.

"Let's go." Marcy ushered me out and closed her bedroom door behind her. We went downstairs and shouted goodbyes to Mrs. Gonzales and Marionette.

We got in Travis, me in the back, and drove around to Lucy's. Marcy beeped the horn and Lucy came on out. She put her suitcase in the trunk then got in the back with me.

Marcy drove two blocks over and picked up Tana, who came right on out. She put her bag in the trunk then sat up front with Marcy.

Marcy drove to Kurt's and picked him up then drove to Blaine's, who wasn't far from the Hudmels. Both got in the far back.

Marcy then drove to get Britt who got in the front with her and Tana before getting Rachel, who got in the back with me and Lucy. Marcy drove to get Ellen, who got in the front with her, Britt and Tana. Marce had let her in on the driver's side.

Then she drove to get Annie. She beeped the horn and Annie left her house. She got in on my side and we kissed.

Then Marcy drove to Dayton. We were on our way to a same sex couples workshop that I talked everyone into going to. Some were more willing (Rachel, Britt, Ellen, Kurt) to go than others (Marcy, Tana, Lucy, Blaine).

I was excited to go because I wanted to work on my relationship with Annie. I felt we were solid but with the baby coming, we had to make sure we were airtight.

Anyway, we made it to Dayton by check-in ‪at three o'clock‬. It was right before rush hour on a Friday so we got lucky.

Marcy parked in the lot of the retreat cabin and we all got out to go inside. It was beautiful. We were at an out of the way possibly man made wooded area. There were tiny cabins dotting the area with a large cabin right smack dab in the middle.

We went to that cabin and looked around inside. It was truly rustic. It was made of wood (obviously) and had a real hunter's motif. That was unsettling...