Dancing

"I would love to dance with you, Prince Anderson." I took a light hold of his hand as he pulled me away from the table.

He snaked his arms around my waist and I placed my arms delicately around his neck. I rested my head against his chest, hearing his heart race as I did so.

"Your heart's beating really, really fast," I said as we swayed side to side.

"Well, no wonder. I'm here in a garden, dancing with the most beautiful girl in the world," he whispered.

I looked up to meet his beautiful blue eyes with mine. "Wow, first date and already telling me I'm the most beautiful girl in the world, you move pretty fast." I paused for a moment before saying, "Do you really mean it?"

"I do. You are the most beautiful girl that I have ever laid eyes on."

"Thank you," I lightly kissed his lips, blushing furiously. What did I just do? I wasn't supposed to do that if I wanted to stick to my plan.

"Uh. Um," he lightly started to hyperventilate from the shock

"Was it really that bad?"

"Oh, no, no, no. That was. Wow. Just, wow."

I kissed him again. There has to be something wrong if I'm doing this again. "Was that better?"

"I could do that all day," he said, pressing his lips to mine. Butterflies were multiplying in my stomach, fluttering faster and faster, and my heart pounded against my chest. This was a completely new feeling that I never thought I would experience with a man I hardly knew.

"Wow," he breathed.

"Is it bad that I'm probably going to be smiling about this for the next 20 years?" I laughed, looking up to him.

"No, because I'm going to be doing the same thing," he smiled.

He grabbed my hand, leading me back inside. The guards opened the door for us as we walked back to my room. We walked in silence the entire way, both of us smiling like complete idiots. As we approached my room, Officer Gerald opened the door, his hair tousled, shirt half unbuttoned, and lipstick stains littering his face and neck.

"Sorry, sir. Ma'am." He held the door for both of us.

"It's fine, Officer Gerald," I said with a laugh.

As Anderson and I walked in, we saw Sherry standing in the middle of the room, her hair messed up and her lipstick smudged. Anderson and I just laughed.

"I will see you tomorrow at breakfast?" he said more like a question than a statement.

"Of course," I answered.

He kissed my hand and exited the room. I fell back on my bed, sighing deeply. Sherry exited, obviously feeling extremely awkward. I ended up falling asleep on the edge of my bed, nervous for tomorrow.