Feeling

I turned the corner down the hall to where Anderson's room was. I was going to tell him about tea but instead I saw him up against the door frame, swallowing Isibel's face. And he looked like he was enjoying it. I awkwardly turned around and walked back down the hallway that I came down.

It was at dinner when I saw Anderson and Isibel again. Isibel was wistfully staring at Anderson as he was eating. She picked at her food and rested her head on her hand. Anderson was obviously trying to get her attention and when I caught his eye, he pointed at Isibel, wanting me to get her attention. I tapped her shoulder and pointed at Anderson. He ruffled a hand through his hair. She winked back.

Feeling a little awkward and quite disgusted, I excused myself from the table and I headed to the gardens. Anderson's eyes followed me as I left, a confused look on his face.

"UGH!" I screamed as I made my way out the doors. "I knew that this was going to happen but I didn't think I'd feel like this."

I plopped down on the concrete bench that was right in the middle of the gardens. Burying my head in my hands, thinking about my feelings. Super womanly, I know. As I heard footsteps walking towards me, I lifted my head. There was Anderson. Ugh, he always knew when a girl needed him.

"Hey," I mumbled, still leaving my face buried in my hands.

"Hi, is everything okay?" he sat down next to me, wrapping an arm across my shoulders.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"You sure? You don't seem like it. Tell me what's wrong."

I sighed, knowing that he wasn't going to give up. "I. I'm just. Just jealous, I guess."

"Jealous? Of who?"

"Of, Isibel," I mumbled.

"Isibel? Well, she is really nice and sweet and pretty," he glanced over to me, seeing the annoyed look on my face. "Not helping. Sorry, but she is and I can't help that I actually like her a little."

"Okay," I held up a hand to his face, shutting him up. "I'm sorry."

"I accept your apology."

"Good," I stood, offering a hand. "Now, wanna dance? Just like the first time."

"But there's no music," he said as he stood.

"And? We have each other and that's all you need to dance." I laid my head against his chest just like the first time we danced. His heart started to race again. "Does this happen when you're around Isibel?"

"Does my heart race? Yes. Does it beat this fast? No way."

"Follow your heart, okay? Whoever your heart tells you to marry, do it. Listen to your heart. Nothing else. Don't let anything or anyone change your mind. Promise?"

He took my hand from behind his neck and wrapped my pinkie in his. "Pinkie-swear."