Chapter 3 Canidae

The word got out that Stiles rescued the mayor's son while traumatizing the abductores

The word got out that Stiles rescued the mayor's son while traumatizing the abductores. Some people admired him and looked at him as if he was some sort of god, while others steered clear of him, fearing what else he was capable of doing. Turns out the town wasn't as simple as it seemed. Stiles blamed Henry's acceptance on his trauma, turns out his mothers were aware of the supernatural. Stiles had an intriguing discussion with Regina about magic. He still didn't divulge what he was, but then again, neither did they. They were all hiding something from him, he could smell it on them. He just didn't know what. 

He also had no idea what the teacher lady's deal was, she was stalking him together with her husband like crazy. The only reason he didn't tell them to fuck off was that they were Emma's parents, as bizarre as that sounded. Then again, he saw a 900-year-old kitsune lady looking 30, so he wasn't judging anyone. 

"You seem distracted," Regina remarked as she took a sip of her coffee. For some reason, Emma was aghast when she found out that Stiles loved all things apple-related. She fed him some bullshit about her whole family disliking it or something. Well, good for them!

"I keep thinking about those weirdos," Stiles rolled his eyes while he spoke, "not the kidnapper ones, but the ones that stalk me." 

Regina ah-ed, realizing who he was talking about. The childish part of her was bouncing with spiteful glee. "I mean... I'd tell them to fuck off, but I don't want to be rude to your girlfriend's parents."

Regina choked on her coffee, shooting him an incredulous look. "My what?!"

"Your girlfriend? Ms. Swan. I mean... you two share a son... correct?" Regina was mortified, to be honest. She kinda never thought how it would seem to the outsiders.

"We're not together. She's Henry's biological mother who decided to show up after 12 years of abandoning him," she spat. 

"Dick move." Regina wholeheartedly agreed. "Lemme guess, the kid was excited to learn more about his bio-mom." Regina nodded bitterly. 

"Technically and legally speaking, she has no rights if she gave him up for adoption." Stiles tried to be a supportive friend. She was his friend, not the blonde sheriff, even though he liked her enough to consider her a possible associate. 

"It's a bit more complicated than that.". 

"The magic thing you spoke about..." Stiles realized, getting a nod from Regina. "Can't you... I don't know? Make a voodoo doll and," he imitated the stabbing motion, getting a snort from her. 

"That's not how magic works, at least that's not how our magic works," the mayor regarded him peculiarly. "I've never seen anything like you before."

"Touché," Stiles rebutted blasely. 

"They really mean well," Regina sighed, receiving a weird look from Stiles. She wouldn't admit it, but she really came to care about him as a friend.