Road Trip

While Badgerclops and Minori fought the Razorback in Pure Heart Valley, elsewhere another battle was taking place.

Tanya was waiting patiently on the back of her gold plated Aerotruck, as she was steadily losing patience with Violet. It's been three days since they left the Low Key Bar to head for Pure Heart, but every time they pass a town, Violet insists they pull over for supplies.

These kind of jobs ticked Tanya off big time. One minute Violet was saying it was urgent that they get to Pure Heart, the next their taking time to help a village in jeopardy.

Right now, Tanya lounged in the back of her truck, outside of a looming stone tower just on the outskirts of a small village. Violet was inside dealing with baddies like a hero straight out of a Saturday morning cartoon show.

At first the traveling warrior trope was cute, but now it's just a serious bother. Half of the time they didn't even buy anything, they just wasted time in a random town for nothing.

A shattering crash was heard up above about twenty floors as one of the baddies was thrown out a window. The guy fell all the way down to ground with a resounding thud against the soft earth a few yards away from the Aerotruck, followed by the shards of glass from the window.

The guy was a jackal wearing a sleeveless leather jacket with spikes on the shoulders, and a scar across his left eye. He was covered in bruises from his head to his toes, looked like Violet wasn't going to make it easy for the ne'er-do-wells to throw her out.

Tanya thought back to how Biggs reacted to her taking Violet's request, the giant panda wasn't all to pleased with the decision. After all, the wandering warrior had floored her in front of everyone, it wouldn't be long before word spread that the legendary bounty hunter Tanya Keyes had her clock cleaned.

But eventually Biggs caved in to Tanya's decision, he knew there was no changing the tanuki's mind after it was set. All the panda had left to do at that point was to wish Tanya luck on her job.

Ever since then, Tanya had started to wonder if this is what Mittens felt like whenever she messed with him. If so, she needed to apologize for all the stress she put him through.

After what felt like forever, Violet finally emerged from the front doors of the tower, carrying the boss over her shoulder. He was a gray wolf, and just like the jackal, wore a sleeveless leather jacket.

Tanya actually recognized this guy, he was Evans Lupis; he was well known for receiving money from small villages he was "protecting". His bounty wasn't very big, hence why Tanya nor anyone else hadn't already taken him down.

"You finally done, or do you want to go dethrone a tyrannical king while we're in the neighborhood?" Tanya asked rhetorically. Throughout the whole trip, Tanya hasn't exactly been trying to hide her disdain for all the detours they've been taking.

Violet, unresponsive to Tanya's quips, walked past the Aerotruck towards the town. Other than the occasional word, all the warrior ever did was sit crisscrossed silently in the back of the truck.

With a tired sigh, Tanya hopped over the side of her truck and made her way to the driver's seat. Starting the truck, Tanya drove it slightly behind Violet; for some reason or another, Violet wanted to be in the Aero-Vehicle as little as possible.

It didn't take long for them to reach the town. When they entered the town, the villagers gathered around the two, a soft murmur could be heard rolling over the crowd when they saw Evans draped over Violet's shoulder. The townsfolk consisted mostly of ovine, it was almost poetry, a wolf preying upon sheep.

The mayor of the village stepped forth from the crowd, he was a sheep like the rest of the village and wore a three-piece suit with silk gloves. His wool plumed over his collar, like smoke from a volcano.