Where They Grew Up

Miles away from Pure Heart Valley, in a monastery deep in the mountains, Shin Mao stood in the center of a training hall, the one he used to teach his children how to become heroes. That is, all of his children, but one.

After his visit to Pure Heart Valley, he had started to regret never teaching his only son how to be a hero. But no matter how much he regretted his mistake, there was no legendary weapon in his collection, or in existence, that could turn back time.
Shin gazed across the room, on a support beam were some red marks stacked on top of one another indicating an individual's height over time. While Shin had been praising his daughters, Mao Mao could only watch from the corner and soak up as much as he could.

To think this place was full of memories, but only one of which included his son. The day he gave each of his children a legendary weapon. He remembered each of their reactions when he handed the weapons to them.

Hinata was ecstatic to receive the golden scarf, the first chance she got, she soared up and down the mountain range. She was already a free spirit, and the scarf gave her all the freedom she would ever want.

Ashaki was thankful to receive the golden contacts, being the scholar she was, she alone had the mental fortitude to wield the all-seeing contacts. Ashaki was a force to be reckoned with the combination of her contacts and her use of Mystic Arts.

Brunhilde was humbled to be given the unstoppable force of the golden spear. The oldest, biggest, and the strongest deserved the spear.

Violet was curious as to why she received the golden hat, the main reason being she was clever under pressure. The golden hat, with its infinite storage space, would bring her ability to see possibilities most wouldn't to the next level, by giving her the item she needed (pending she packed said item).

Minori was impatient to try hers out immediately, she was easily the most reckless of the siblings. Despite her tenacity and technique, the golden bangles would more than make up for her recklessness.

As for Mao Mao, Shin wasn't proud to admit that instead of putting thought into his son's weapon, he just grabbed a weapon he never intended to use, and handed it to the child. But even then, the kid had never looked happier in his life.

Just over the mountain to the west, the sun was beginning to hide behind the large rock. He had stayed in the training room long enough, it was getting late, he needed to get back to the main house soon.

The training room and the main house weren't connected with any form of architecture. When the place was built, it was intended for future generations to make a treacherous journey before they started to hone their skills, a form of initiation before one could begin their training to be a hero.

Of course Mao Mao wasn't able to make the trip himself until later down the line. He would ask Brunhilde to give him a lift, in where she would place him on her shoulder and tell him to hang on for the trek.

Shin Mao made his way to the entrance, naturally, instead of taking the trail, he would fly from one building to the other. The feet of his golden armor started to produce a blue stream of flames that slowly raised him into the air. With a sudden burst of speed, Shin weaved through the rocky terrain and the forestry that blanketed the mountains.

Normally the trek was three hours long, inciting heroes in training to get up early. That in itself was a training exercise, the earlier you get up, the more time you have in the day to get stuff done. However, by flight, the trip was thirty-five minutes.

Gazing up at the sun streaked clouds, Shin reminisced about whenever he and Hinata would soar through the skies together. It was a nice father-daughter bonding experience while it lasted.