What You've Done To Me (Samantha Jade)

Annabeth left the bed, trying to disturb Percy as little as possible. She was so thankful for his support yesterday and the only way she figured she could repay him was with breakfast. Pancakes, to be exact.

As she walked into the kitchen, Annabeth caught a glimpse of herself in the reflective glass of the oven. She was still wearing her dark wash jeans and lavender turtle neck from the previous day and she didn't even bother to tie the apron around herself like she usually would. Yesterday had upset her and, she knew it was stupid but, she blamed the outfit.

Her mother, Athena, the one she hadn't found out about until she was twelve, and the reason she ended up moving to Manhattan, had bought it for her especially for the occaision. Her first day as an intern in a huge architecture corporation, Olympus Building Designs.

Now, it wasn't that it had been a bad day. In fact, Annabeth had loved it. She'd learnt more about photocopying and coffee making and pencil sharpening, exactly what she'd signed up for. And frankly, she was disappointed. So she had slumped on the couch watching reruns of 'Friends' trying to cheer herself up, until her flatmate joined her. And he successfully made her feel better. Percy always could.

But she'd never tell him that.

And she would never mention the lightheaded feeling that engulfed her whenever he hugged her.

And gods forbid if he ever found out that she craved the moments when she was upset and he wouldn't let her out of his sight, which usually resulted in the pair sharing a bed like last night, but then he would fall asleep first, allowing her to bask in the serenity of his features.

Annabeth was shaking the prepackaged batter vigorously when the doorbell rang and Percy slunk down the stairs in his adorable blue and white striped flannel pyjamas.

He barely glanced at her through the mop of hair that cascaded down his forehead to the bridge of his nose, seemingly longer than usual thanks to his bent neck as he watched his footfalls. Annabeth peeked across the multipurpose room of her and Percy's apartment to see Percy embracing someone. A woman.

"Oh, hi. Annabeth." The woman said perkily as Percy ushered her in.

Annabeth forced her smile and Percy noticed, looking at her funny. He never usually noticed. "Hey, Rachel."