Chapter Two- You did not just text her

* Four years later*

Even the sunshine of LA (Los Angelous) can't get rid of my rain covered past. "Whatcha thinking 'bout? You've been silent for the last 30 minutes" Maddy asked.

"I... uh... just had some weird flashback. Nothing serious" I replied. We sat in my appartment. Something I work very hard for having two jobs.

"What do you have planned for today?" I asked curiously.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing" she said boredly.

"Wanna come with me somewhere? Jack, Finn, and Chris are going to the beach. Wanna come?" I asked. She doesn't like the heat and I already know the answer.

"No, I'll go shopping with Kat" she responded. It was worth a try. My brother Chris flew out here yesterday. I haven't seen him yet, but he's staying with me in my apartment.

Maddy leaves just in time to catch Kat before they leave for the mall. A silent and lonley walk for me. Jack and Finn do live in a short walking distance. Short distance as in, 8 floors below my apartment. Jack and Finn, if those names sound familiar, are Jacksgap.

They moved here from London about 5 years ago. The stairs are as creeky as stairs come. They are really annoying. Me, being top floor in the 12 floor apartment, I have the pleasure of listening to the stairs for a longer period of time. Sometime this week they maintnence crew are replacing the stairs and elevator doors.

My jobs are having renovations done, meaning, I'm only working my hobby Friday  tonight. I get about 1 month off from these jobs because of the renovations. I still get payed which is a major plus. Finally! I hate how far I have to go down, but I get the roof to myself. I love LA's lights and architectuers.

Every night I'm not working I go and sit on the building and stare at the stars. Having that time helps me clear my head. I start knocking on the door but hear nothing. "Ding Dong!" I yell so they can hear me. Still nothing. Where are they?

*Finn's POV*

Knock knock knock. "Who's at the door Finn?" Jack asks. We're in the middle of a twit-cam and I'm sitting right next to him on the couch.

"How do I know? I'm right next to you" I said back to him.

"Ding Dong!" The person at the door yells.

"I have a very strong feeling its Gracie" I say, she's the only person we know that yells under the impression of a doorbell.

"Are we gonna sneak up on her?" He asks me.

"I'm not. Are you? Are you gonna pull a Loui?" I ask.

"Why not?" He says,

"Any suggestions?" He adds. I, still want to be the girl's friend even though she can't stay mad at us. Meanwhile, Jack runs to his room and the twit-cam ends.

Me: Jack is gonna scare you, we're here by the way

Gracie-Lou: ok, thanks. Is he pulling a Louis?

Me: Yep

Gracie-Lou: ik what to do I lived with the boy.

Jack comes out of his room with some weird mask on. "You did not just text her did you?" He asks.

"Nope, just Louis. He's going to the beach with us by the way" I said. He mumbles something inaudible as he walks to the door. He opens the door and screams 'boo!' But she's not at the door. He turns and walks down the stairs waiting to find her. I see her perched at the top of her stairs with a bucket. Oh my god, she was just at the door too. That girl is fast when she needs to be.

*Gracie's POV*

I've lived with a certain Louis for about a two years prior to moving to LA. This sort of thing happened literally every day. To teach a person not to prank you, the prankee, must become the pranker. I ran up the stairs, and into the apartment. "Chris! Wake up! We gotta do something!" I yelled at the couch. He came in early this morning because his flight was delayed and I just now notice my brother on my couch.

"Gracie! What?" He asked drowsily confused.

"Just get up and get the beach bucket. We've got a prank to pull" I said.

We got a bucket, filled it with water, and I added blue food coloring. We made it to the stairs and I saw Finn look up and smirk. Then went to his phone.

Finnnnnnn: you're awesome

Me: Its a bad day to where white but you're wearing black so ur fine.

Finnnnnnn: I'm ur countdown. I'll start now

Me: kk. Step away when you get to one.

*Jacks POV*

I thought Finn said she was here. Where has she gone? In the corner of my eye I see Finn smirking while being on his phone. Why is he so drawn to that suddenly? "3, 2, 1" Finn counted down.

"Good job Finn you know your nu- OH MY GOD! GRACIE TOMLINSON! WHAT THE HELL!?" I yelled furiously. Up above I here her laughing and stop breathing along with Chris who knows how to normally laugh like a human being.

"Don't look in a mirror Jack" Chris managed to say in between laughs. "I hate you all. I promise you, I'll get my revenge. One at a time. Slowly but surely. I will get you " I promised. They know I won't do serious damage.

*Gracie's POV*

"Its almost christmas, and were going to the beach. Does it not snow here?" Chris asked. He's never been here before. The only time we've been to America was going to New York. I miss there. Louis takes me back for my birthday in Feburary. And its only November. We grab our bags and head to the beach. I really like the beach even though I never tan or burn. I'm gifted they say.

A/N

First POV change! Yass! Super excited I don't know if I mentioned this but I have had this pre written for months now so, yeah. Umm this was awkward. I edit this at like 3am where I am, plus it helps me think about how to write everything........... bye until the next update! Updating in school bc who cares and its lunch.