3.

Amy:
Hey girlie!

Rachel:
Hey ams!
What's up?

Amy:
I'm having a party
in a week for my birthday.
The big 2 3!! Are
you coming?

Rachel:
Ofc! Wouldn't miss it.
Do I bring anything?
What do you want for
your birthday?

Amy:
Just bring yourself!
And I don't want anything!!
Maybe you can meet
my brother 🤭😂

Rachel:
Oh my God girl.
Stopppo
We ain't doin that k?

Amy:
Will see.
Seen 2.40pm

Amy was still being persistent on Rachel meeting her older brother. Yet Rachel was not that keen on the idea. She often made excuses to not go to her home and often had Amy over hers instead. Although now that it's Amy's birthday, she couldn't really out it off any longer.

It's been a week since classes started and Rachel was more focused on getting good grades and keeping up with text book readings instead of boys. She wanted to get into a normal routine and become accustomed to her new life before allowing another man in.

Rachel was carrying alot of secrets that she would only tell her new friends once she fully trusted them.

Her family life at home was less then suitable for a young girl to grow up in. Her farther left when she was just a baby, she was left with her mother who eventually turned to drugs and alcohol, occasionally becoming abusive.

She met a young man when she was 17. This guy was 21. A respected drug dealer on the streets of Perth, although at the time, Rachel did not realise this. He was living a double life, hiding it from her. The first 3 months of their relationship was pure bliss. She could not have been more happy. Although all good things had to come to an end, this man became very agressive, often emotionally abusing and manipulating Rachel into doing things she was not comfortable with.

Rachel was giving the opportunity to start a new life across the world and she rightfully took it without looking back. She promised herself that she would not get involved with another man,atleast untill she was ready again to find someone who would love her and treat her with respect. Who would treat her like the queen that she is. Someone who would not keep secrets and would be fully transparent with her.

Rachel slipped her phone back into her pocket and grabbed her wallet and book bag and headed to her class. During the first week she had met some more people and considered them good acquaintances, expanding her circle of friends.

Rachel only had one 3 hour class today. Afterwards she decided to go to the mall to try find something for Amy's birthday.

Rachel walked into the mall and walked to the bags shop. She found a beautiful black guess bag which she thought Amy would love. Rachel also ended up going to the supermarket where she brought a few bottles of vodka which she could put in Amy's bag as an extra present.

Walking home from the supermarket she ran into some of her collage class mates who where out at dinner. They invited her to stay and eat with them, to which she gladly accepted the offer.

"So what are you doing out Rachel?" Chloe asked.

"I was just shopping for one of my friends. She has a birthday next week" Rachel replied.

"Oh yeah? Is it Amy?" Chloe questioned.

"Yes actually" Rachel was surprised that they knew her. "How did you know?"

"We are going to her birthday too. We met last year in one of the general classes" Jade responded. "So what did you get her?"

"I got her this bag" Rachel pulled the bag out of the gift box, "and some alcohol" she giggled.

"Wow that's so good." Chloe said, admiring the bag.

The girls continued to talk throughout dinner.

The time read 8.30pm when Rachel picked up her phone, she saw that she had a message from Amy but decided to respond later as she had to get home before it got too late.

"Alright girls, I gotta get going. I'll see you guys in class" Rachel said as she rose from her seat. The other two girls also got up giving Rachel a parting hug.

Rachel began her short walk home from the restaurant. Listening to her music she couldn't help but hum to the tune of her favorite songs.  This warranted a few people to look at her as she walked down the street but she did not care, she was happy, she was excited.

As she got closer to her dorm complex, she passed a tall man. He had curly hair which immediately caught Rachel's attention, she studied his face as they walked closer to each other. He had a defined jaw, thin figure, clearly a very attractive man. Rachel smiled as she passed by with the man returning the smile. It felt very warm and familiar, but Rachel shook it of and continued to walk to her dorm.

Once Amy arrived at her dorm she pulled out her phone to see what Amy wanted.

Amy:
Do you mind helping
me set up for the party?

Rachel:
Ofc. Just send me times
and addresses and I'll
be there!

Amy:
Thank you so much!
Shane was ment to
help but he decided he
had better things to do.
Your a life saver 😂🥰

Rachel:
No problem.
Any time ♥️

Rachel placed the presents on the table and began to wrap them up with the bright sparkly wrapping paper she brought.

Her mind was at ease as she presumed that Amy's brother would probably not be at her party. She wasn't ready to meet this boy, yet alone be pressured to like him.

After the presents were wrapped, she out them away and got ready for bed.

__________________

Chapter 3. Complete
___________________