"Family"

'what a happy family we are...'

"Hey Mom?" the youngest child asked her mother while they watched their whole family having a fun time. "Can we stay like this forever? like a one big happy family?"

The mother chuckled, bringing her hand on her daughters head ruffling it as she answered. "Of course sweetie, we're gonna stay like this forever and nobody can separate all of us. Afterall, we are one big happy family."

Everything seems to be perfect.
Mother's singing,
Father's laughing,
Sister's playing,
Brother's smiling,
and youngest enjoys every moment.

A family that can never be separated.

'or so I thought'

"Alex you bastard! How could you cheat on me?!" The mother screamed at her husband, tears falling down her face. "Am I not good enough?"

"For the last time Elena, I was drunk! for fucks sake. Why couldn't you understand that!" the father said. He annoyed at her wife.

The two kept screaming and bickering for a while, little did they know that their son and daughters are behind the door listening to their argument.

"Is everything going to be alright?" the youngest asked her older siblings while crying.

"Everything's going to be just fine. Mom and Dad are just clearing up their misunderstandings" the older sister reassured her younger sibling.
"How about we go to your room with big brother and play"

When they go to their room and play
they can hear the voices faint voice parents still arguing.

Screaming, crying and everything seems to be tearing apart.

But they keep their little sibling Elise, distracted.

Until...

"That's it I had enough!"

*BANG*

The three stopped everything that they are doing and the older brother, Jack rushed to check what was happening on their parents room, leaving the the sister to comfort the crying child.

"It's going to be alright Elise" Lisa reassured her little sister once again.

A few minutes had passed and all they heard was a thud and footsteps running echoed across the house. They waited for some time before her sister told her that she's going to check if everything was now over.

The little girl waited for so long and her sister or her brother came back...

No one came back...

"Jack? Lisa? Are you there?" she called out to her older siblings.

No one answered.

There was only silence.

Elise decided that she will find them and walked to her parents room until she smelled something bad. She stopped for a second. Her heart was pounding so loud, she can almost hear it. As soon as she walked to her parents bedroom she was horrified, scared and also crying

'blood... blood everywhere...'

blood on the walls,
blood on the floor,
blood on the curtains,
and blood on someone...

Two dead bodies scattered on the floor. Her sister was nowhere to be found and so is her father.

Everything's quiet... only the sound of a child crying, echoed inside the house.
"Mom, Brother please wake up! this is not funny. Also Sister and Dad are gone, they disappeared. I can't find them anywhere!"

The crying turns into pleading.
"please wake up! I don't wanna be alone."

"Lisa told me that everything will be alright, so everything will be just fine. Right?"

The pleading turns into hiccups.
"p-please"

The hiccups turns into whimpers.
"wake up ok?"

The whimpers turn into whispers.
"Help"

And whispers turns silence.
'Save me.' she thought and everything went black.

Mother died,
Father disappeared,
Sister lied,
Brother tried to make things right,
and the youngest was abandoned.

'Oh~ what a happy family we were...'