"Colorless"

Plain... I felt so plain.

My life was perfect, a complete and perfect life. I have friends, a complete family and grade scores that almost everyone wanted. Yes, I'm thankful for what I have but no matter how perfect and complete my life is, I can never ever take away the emptiness that's lingering inside of me. I was as if it'll never go away. Sure, I can talk to others with this problem and I'm sure some of them will understand it but life doesn't give me a perfect personality. I, too have doubts in life that will stick on to my mind and will never be filled with such happiness.

"They are all lies"

"people are fake"

"They can never ever understand you"

"I don't deserve the pity that they gave me" I said to myself, letting the emptiness that I've felt, consumed me once again.

That's what I thought until I met him...

He was 18 years old at that time. At first, I thought that it was just another someone who's contented with his life, but that was not the case when he have his heart broken for the first time. He went to the roof top to get some fresh air and I curiously followed him. I stayed a little distance away from him to prevent him from seeing me while he sat behind some old shack in that roof and tear overflowed from his eyes. He looked up at the to the starry night sky with sadness filled tears .

"Why? Just WHY?!" he shouted to himself. "WHY CAN I FILL THIS EMPTINESS INSIDE ME?! WHY CAN'T I BE HAPPY WITH MY LIFE!"

"I have everything in life and yet I felt empty"

"What did I do? Oh God please.. tell me...why? Tell me why and I can make this right... I just want to be happy." he said to himself before the silence came over and only cries can be heard.

While I was listening to him, I realized that there are things that I see myself in him. We both have the same struggles that we have to endure. We both have complete and perfect life and yet we still feel incomplete.

I stayed in my spot for a few minutes until the crying turned into silence before walking up to him.

He stayed in his sitting position as I wait walked up to him.

"Hey" I said to him as I sit next to him. "Rough night isn't it?"

"Heh... It always have been." he weakly smiled.

"Don't worry you'll get through that soon enough"

"I hope so..."

"So.. since were here at the rooftop why don't we introduce ourselves?... My names Sia, and yours?" I extended my hand to him with a small smile.

"Angelo...." He said to me and smiled before finally shaking my hand.

That day was the day when we first met.

Ever since we first met we have been and things have been going better so far. We enjoyed each others company and we felt.... complete.

Happiness..

An overwhelming feeling that I can't seem to hide. And if this was a dream then I don't want to wake up anymore... Let me just enjoy the happiness that I've never felt for a long time.

"Hey, we will never leave each others side right?" I said to him with a heartfelt smile.

"I promise.."

I wish that was the case... but God denied me once again.

*ringgg* *ringg*
"I'm sorry, the number you have dialed is out of coverage... Please try again later..." *toooooot*

"Please picked up the phone...Angelo please" I said as I feel the sadness taking over.
I called you once, twice, three times and to the point that I can't even count the times that I've called you on the phone. I know it's been a month since you left me but I still think of you all the time. I remember the time when we first met and how my life became complete. The once dull colored world became colorful but now that you've disappeared it became lifeless once again.

"what happened to the promise that you'll never leave me? Was that all a lie?" I said to myself as doubt consumed me.

We fixed each others broken self. We stayed with each other through thick and thin. So where did we went wrong? What went wrong?
I remember the time when we talk all the time filled with nonsense that we seem to enjoy. I was so vulnerable to you and it me felt like you were my safe zone before...

"Sia, I like you" Those words echoed in my mind once again. You told me you liked me before you disappeared. I feels like that confession makes my heart ache.

You left me so dead cold without hearing my side..

A few months passed by and I was starting to get over you. Then you suddenly came back and beg me for my forgiveness. The pain the a felt many months back have resurfaced.

It hurts... It hurts so bad...

You apologized to me over and over again but I ignored you...

"Sia! Please listen to me"

I avoided you...

"Please listen to me... Please I'm sorry.. Just give me 10 minutes of your time."

I pretended to be blind.

"Sia.."

I always looked the other way.

"I'm sorry...and I hope that you are now happy."

Another months passed by and now it's October and the guilt of ignoring you was all that I have left. No matter what I do, I can't seem to forget it. The look on your face etched my mind, it was full of agony and without a doubt it haunts me.

"may be some things are best left treasure as a memory no matter how painful it might be.."

A/N: I sincerly apologize for the lack of updates...

hope you enjoyed my story💕