Chapter 11 - Day Off

A/N: I was supposed to update a lot earlier than this time but Wattpad had to deal with some problems so here it is now. Hope you enjoy this chapter. ;)

Perrie's POV

I just got home from my day at work and I am honestly tired. I guess I'll spend the rest of the night, lying in bed and munching my favorite snacks since tomorrow, I have to get myself ready for the lunch meeting.

I don't have any idea of what's to come for me. I don't know what I'll be wearing, who I'll meet and how I'll act around them. I hope that it will all turn out okay. For my plan to work, I have to get along with these people even if I don't want to.

I entered our house and I found my Mom in the kitchen, cooking dinner for the both of us. I made my presence known to her as I greet her.

"Hey, Mom.", I said while I try to see what she's cooking.

"Oh, goodie sweetheart, you're here.", she said to me then took her attention back to the meal that she was cooking.

"Why don't you get upstairs, dress up more comfortably then we'll eat dinner and you tell me about your day.", she instructed me and I followed what I was told.

I took all of my things to my room then placed it in a desk inside. I checked my closet and just changed into an oversized shirt and shorts. I washed my make up off and put my hair high up in a bun. Now, this feels so good.

I went downstairs to eat dinner with my Mom and I found that the table is already set. I sat down my usual chair while I waited for my Mom to serve the dish. For tonight's dinner, we'll be having Spaghetti and meatballs.

When my Mam served the meal to us, we both started eating and she asked all about how my day went.

"How's work with the Thirlwalls, petal?", she asked while taking a bite from her meal.

"T'was draining as usual Mam. Actually... I wanna tell you about something...", I trailed off, thinking about all of the events that I should inform her.

She looked up at me from her plate then she swallowed what she was eating and gave me a cautious look – the one that mothers give their children when they're worried if they're in trouble.

"Did they make you uncomfortable? Did they hurt you sweetie? I want you to quit that job-", she started rambling before I can even tell her what's going on.

"Mom, mom... slow down, it's not it.", I told her, stopping her from her motherly orders.

"Then what is it?", she asked, protectively.

"Tomorrow, I'll have a day off from work...", I started off my sentence and before I could even continue, she started asking questions again.

"Why? Are you sick darling?"

"Mom. Let me finish.", I told her and gave her an annoyed look playfully and she then gestured for me to continue.

"I'll con-ti-nue. Jade let me have a day off for tomorrow so I have time to prepare for the next day. Which is the day that I'll be officially meeting some business partners and her parents.", I expounded to her and I looked straightly looked at her face, trying to see her emotions. She was emotionless for a moment before she sighed.

"I don't want you to go there.", she decided.

"It's my job, Mam. I have to be there. Also, I'll soon be going with Jade on a business trip to Russia-", I revealed to her again so she already knows what's to come for me and my schedule with the Thirlwalls.

"Wait up. I can accept the business meeting but that trip? No, Perrie. End of conversation.", she ordered then she started eating again, ignoring my grunts and complaints to her.