Chapter 20 - Possessive

WATCH THE SWEET MELODY MUSIC VIDEO & STREAM THE SINGLE IN EVERY MUSIC PLATFORM! :)

This will be the Part 1 of their date & I guess the next one will be the continuation of this night. <3

Perrie's POV

It was a sunny day when I woke up, considering this day in my life. I was greeted by the sunlight shining brightly at me, as if greeting me a good morning from heaven. My eyes splinted because of the light but soon adjusted to it and I just stared at it, not minding everything else. The first thing that I did today was to reach for my phone and contact my Mom. This day is just as difficult for her just as how it is for me every year.

"Hello, darling.", she greeted, still with the same sweet tone that she uses to talk to me every time but no matter how hard she hides it, I know how she's feeling today of all the days.

"Hey, Mom.", I greeted her back, quite gloomily.

"Don't be like that, petal."

"Like what?"

"Like you're back to mourning them again.", she said to me.

"Aren't you?"

"Perrie. They're happy now.", she tried to talk me out of my mood today. I just can't help it. Every time this day goes by in the year, I feel this weight all over my body. I feel unmotivated --- like I can't keep going. After all, for years I've questioned myself how do I keep on living life when my reason for being is gone.

"Are they really? When they died like that? Mercilessly?", I queried to her, not stopping my thoughts out and letting my emotions seep through my words.

"God, you sound like a child asking questions again.", I hear her sighed before responding to me again. "Course they are. They're being taken care of there, I just know it. Now, all we have to do is live. Just live for the two of them. Live well. We'll always have each other, my Perrie. And we'll always have them in our hearts.", she voiced out to me, being a mother just wanting to comfort her child. Although she is miles away from me right now, I can feel the warmth that only a mother can bring to her child. This day may be very difficult to go through for the both of us but at least, even in this little way, we can still know how each other's feeling and check upon the both of us. I'm fine with that, knowing that she's holding up good.

"How's Russia?", she asked after I just let her words sink in through me, my breathing can just be heard on the phone. She diverted the topic to something else that we both can feel a little more weight off of us. 

"All's good. I actually have a day off to explore the place here for a bit before we go back to important business again.", I told her, thinking about what I should do to spend most of my time this day.

"That's great, petal. Use that time to unwind a bit and just... don't mind this day that much. I'm pretty sure our 2 boys wouldn't want their little girl sad, eh?", she consoled me for the nth time. Every year, this is what this day looks like for us, it's not new at all. I kind of feel guilty because instead of being the one to comfort my mother because I know that among us, she has been the one to go through the hardest of them all, I am always the one that she takes care of and she solaces. I will do better, Momma. I'll make you feel better. I'll do anything. Even this. I'll do this for you.

We talked a bit more and I made sure that she's really doing alright. She informed me that she will go visit Dad and Jonjon's graves later and so I told her to pick up the bouquet of flowers that I especially made for this event in the flower shop near us. This is the first time in how many years that we'll be spending our boys' death anniversaries away from each other. I was always been attached to the hip of my Mom and being miles away from her seems to be so odd to me since she is the only ever person that I've had all my life --- well, not until I met someone.