1 AM

Toby was examining a big pink animatronic-like cupcake that he had found in the office. L.J was sucking on a swirly lollipop from his travelling stash, and he had shared them with Sally, who was easily preoccupied by sweets.

Boredom permeated the air. No one had really expected the night to pass so slowly, but for the past hour, nothing interesting had happened. They hadn't checked the cameras much, and certainly had had no need to close the doors or check the hall lights. The "killer" animatronics were all on the show stage, unmoving, not looking very alive or murderous. Some were beginning to doubt Phantom's warnings were legitimate. She was drunk off her trolley, after all.

BEN was gaming on a Nintendo Switch, the pizza long since devoured. He didn't seem too bothered about spending his birthday working the graveyard shift in some dodgy pizzeria. He still thought it was part of the party package.

Smiley was playing a game of solitaire on his phone. Slenderman was pacing; teleportation was apparently out of the question, and he was trying to think of some other way to skip the five-hour wait. Dark Link was sitting on the floor, clutching his cap, occasionally muttering to himself that his hat was irreplaceable and better be returned to him by the end of the night.

Smirky had calmed down enough to be curious about his environment. He had spent a few minutes looking at the posters on the wall; now he was checking cameras at leisure, occasionally checking the power. It was still in the green. They were fine. This was fine.

Then he noticed something, and swore.

"What's the matter?" Smiley asked, glancing up from his phone.

But Smirky was flipping through the cameras like a 'pasta possessed. "The- The bunny is gone," he said, his voice strained. "He was right there- I know he was- he's just gone."

"Gone?" A twinge of panic coloured his tone. "What do you mean, it's gone?"

"I mean it isn't there anymore, you disinfectant-brained nitwit!" Smirky snapped back.

"Find it, then!" Jeff urged, overhearing. He hurried to the monitor, and soon the rest of them were too, sans Slenderman, who was still pacing and had no reason to get involved when his minions could do all the work. Smirky ignored the crowding, continuing to flip through the cameras, until he stopped at the dining room.

"There," he said, relief evident. "There it is."

"My skin's crawling," muttered Smiley.

"Good," said Smirky. "You deserve to suffer."

Smiley pretended not to hear him.

"The other two are still in place, right?" Jeff asked fearfully.

Smirky switched the camera, and Jeff audibly gulped.

Chica was gone, too. A quick switch revealed her to be in the dining area, looking remarkably creepy. Bonnie was nowhere to be found.

"Screw this," Smirky said, and walked away from the monitors.

L.J swiftly took his place. "I've got this," he said, beginning to flip through the cameras to find their missing purple bunny. As soon as the camera for the backstage showed up, he shrieked and dropped his lollipop. Jeff jumped like a startled deer, mostly at L.J's reaction. Smiley and Dark Link kept their composure, but barely. Toby started twitching uncontrollably.

Bonnie was staring right into the camera, his eyes dark with white pupils, and his teeth fully on display. The gritty grungy camera feed only served to amplify the horrifying effect of the image.

"Nope," said L.J, switching back to the dining area. "Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope-"

Chica was no longer there.

"Double nope," said L.J. "Nope, nope, nope-"

"L-Let m-me have a-a gu-go," said Toby, whose twitching was slowing down.

L.J bolted out of the seat, and Toby assumed the position. His hatchet was strapped to his back. He flipped his tinted goggles up to better see the dark monitors. He slowly went through them, starting with the cameras closest to the dining area, and avoiding the backstage.

"T-There she is," he said once the camera turned to the restrooms. She was at the far end of the hall, and they could just about see her bib and the whites of her eyes.

"C-Check on Bonnie again," said Jeff quickly.

Their earlier boredom was nowhere to be found. The atmosphere was tense and heavy. Everyone knew something dark and sinister had just begun.