5

"TOP OF THE MORNING, MOMO!"

        The sound of Aang's voice caused Uzume to pause her braiding Katara's hair. Everyone was in their nation's clothes, excluding Uzume who borrowed a Water Tribe outfit from Katara so she wouldn't be attacked during the invasion.

      Katara looked up from her hands, "Sounds like you slept well."

       Aang gave the girl a big smile, "Like a baby mooselion. I'm ready to face the Fire Lord." Uzume gave him an encouraging smile. He needed all the positivity he could get with today's plans.

       "So what's your strategy for taking him down? Going to get your glow on and hit him with a little Avatar State action?" Toph asked while punching the air. The entire group looked at Aang expectedly and he looked away dejected.

        "I can't. When Azula shot me with lightning, my 7th chakra was locked, cutting off my connection to all the cosmic energy in the Universe." Uzume's heart throbbed at his sad tone.

       She placed a hand on his shoulder and gave him a weak smile, "Sorry my best friend killed you and made you lose the Avatar state." She tried to say helpfully. Sokka turned to the brunette in shock.

        Toph brushed off Uzume's words, "You know what I just heard? Blah blah spiritual mumbo jumbo blah blah something about Space and Uzume's killer best friend."

        Sokka's face turned red as he interrupted the discussion, "Why does Azula get to be classified as Uzume's best friend and not the psycho she actually is?" Uzume gasped at Sokka's harsh words and slapped his shoulder.

        Before the two could childishly fight, Katara spoke from where she was standing, "Oh no. Sokka, do you think the fog will delay the invasion?"

       Sokka stood up to look at the fog that his sister was worried about and he spoke with excitement, "No, that is the invasion." Uzume shoved Sokka aside to see what the siblings were seeing.

       Out in the water were 5 Water Tribe ships coming out of the fog. Two men stood together in armor and Uzume felt herself get nervous. Today they were going to end the war.

        Aang and Toph earthbended rocks so the ships could dock. A man stepped down from the ships, immediately being attacked by Katara and Sokka's affection.

     "You made it Dad!"

      Their father eyed Uzume curiously, "Who's this? Is she the warrior you fell in love with Sokka?"

        Sokka and Uzume looked at each other before the man's words settled in. Uzume immediately jumped away from Sokka with a red face, "No, sir, I'm actually planning to be engaged to someone else."

       "This is Uzume, Uzume, this is our father Hakoda." Katara introduced them.

       Hakoda raised an eyebrow, "Where's the betrothal necklace," He gestured to Uzume's blue clothing, "And why aren't you with him-" Before he could continue to ask questions, Sokka interrupted him.

       "Were you able to locate everyone I told you to find?" Sokka asked the man.

         Hakoda's attention averted from Uzume, "I did. But I'm a little worried, Sokka," He gestured to two benders that were coming from the ship, "Some of these men aren't exactly the warrior type."

      One of the men spoke with wonder, "Whooo-wheee. This place ain't nothing like a swamp," He pointed to a rock, "What'd you reckon that is, Tho? Some sort of exploding Fire Nation exploding trap that would eat ya?"