꧁🌸Basic Information P.5🌸꧂

✨Sabbats✨
꧁𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽꧂

Sabbats
Sabbats are kind of like holidays! Except they are for witches! There are eight Sabbats that witches adhere to. These are major holidays and usually last a few days with lots of traditions and a rich history.
༒𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽༒
Imbolc (February 2)
The Imbolc sabbat is celebrating the return of spring. Corn husk dolls called Brid'o'gas are made.
༒𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽༒
Ostara (March 19-22)
Ostara is celebrated on March 19-22. Ostara is celebrated for the Spring Equinox, a time where we celebrate fertility and rebirth. Plant seeds/tend to your garden and take walks looking for signs of spring.
༒𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽༒
Beltane (May 1)
Beltane is celebrated May 1st. This sabbat celebrates fertility. Many people choose to try and have a baby at this time or just have a lot of sex. Also celebrated with bonfires and dancing.
༒𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽༒
Litha (June 19-23)
Litha is celebrated on June 19-23. The Summer Solstice, celebrates the longest day of the year. People often light candles and have bonfires to represent the sun.
༒𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽༒
Lughnasadh (August 1st)
Lughnasadh is celebrated August 1st. This sabbat is the first of the fall harvests, gingerbread are often made at this time.
༒𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽༒
Mabon (September 21-24)
Mabon is celebrated September 21-24. The Fall Equinox and second of the fall harvests.
༒𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽༒
Samhain (November 1)
Samhain is celebrated November 1st. This Sabbat is the third and final fall harvest, celebration of the dead. A huge feast is made and extra place setting are set for your ancestors, the altar is decorated in memorabilia or trinkets from your ancestors.
༒𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽༒
Yule (December 20-23)
Yule is celebrated December 20-23. Yule is the Winter Solstice, rebirth. This is celebrated like Christmas.
༒𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽༒
𓆉𓆉𓆉𓆉𓆉𓆉𓆉𓆉𓆉𓆉𓆉𓆉
𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽
Southern Hemisphere Sabbat Dates

༒𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽༒𓆉𓆉𓆉𓆉𓆉𓆉𓆉𓆉𓆉𓆉𓆉𓆉༒𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽𓇽༒Southern Hemisphere Sabbat Dates