Chapter 2: Born into Broken

Ash was not a normal child, physical nor mentally was he different. However, it was his home life that made him stand out. His father was an abusive drunk, and his mother blamed him for all her problems.

 So he didn't have loving parents growing up, he often lived with his emotionally neglectful uncle in the summer. Professor Fuji, typically wasn't around to comfort or support ash emotionally. He could only help teach him things and keep his grades up.

 Due to these, emotional growth stunts. Ash would often talk, read, sing, and played with his uncle's experiments. Particularly the experiment know as mewtwo, although he couldn't answer ash back directly. He did let him know that he could hear and understand Ash completely. 

 Mewtwo ended up being ash's only friend and vice versa for himself. Once ash turned 14 Mewtwo awakened from his pod and was sent out to talk to him. Only to be stopped by his uncle, Fuji.

Fuji didn't want ash to interact with Mewtwo anymore now that he was awake. He said it would hinder the progress they would make. Mewtwo was not at all pleased with this, and so ash managed to reach a compromise.

 He would live with Mewtwo for a while to help him adjust to life outside of the tube, and partake in the experiments so they had a normal set of data. Fuji agreed and got right on to testing, once those tests were done he informed Giovanni about Mewtwo and ash. Giovanni soon made his way out to the new island to see for himself the progress Mewtwo was making.