Day 2

Day 2

Status: hangry (hungry and angry)

I was going to make the crew lunch today but Brooklynn came in and was as usual, very sweet.

"Can I help?"

So the two of us grilled sandwiches and talked.

This sweet little girl likes death metal, who knew?

Brooklynn, with her endless curiosity, asked for me to explain how everything works so here's the basics of it.

Engines:

-1+1=0, this is a widely known fact that applies heavily in mathematics, surprisingly it also applies to matter. Matter is the positive and something we call antimatter makes up the negative. With that logic 0=-1+1 so what humans discovered is that if you put enough pressure on nothing then both antimatter and matter are produced. Once we separate the two we stick them back together again, this creates a burst of energy. This energy is used to power the ship, the kinetic energy goes towards the engines and pushes us forwards, where the electronic energy goes towards electricity that we use.

She of course didn't really understand but was still happy to learn about something.

Lance can be a real pain in the ass sometimes.

"Lance stop bugging me i'm doing checks"

"Nerd"

"You asked me how the ship worked and wouldn't let me leave until you understood!"

"Still a nerd"