Shares (Mehbeer TS)

Meher came to office as usual to witness the commotion caused by the office people. As she enters the main hall, everyone dispersed to their desk and jobs. Why people love gossiping? She never understood. She went in her cabin. Today was a very important day because there was a meeting at 12 where she would propose to everyone to change the timings for Abeer's show. She knows she will meet hard protest from Abeer and others but she was resilient.

She was working on a file when Rati knocked on the door.

"Excuse me Mam"

"Yes Rati. Come in."

"Mam, Aisha, the host of the weather show wants to meet you. If you allow,..."

"Ask her to come to me after half an hour."

"Sure mam."

Meher met Aisha after half an hour only to appreciate the girl's effort to think for the betterment of her show. Meher assured her to work on her idea.

It was finally 12 and she went to the conference room. She was sitting and looking through her presentation for any chances of cross questioning while everyone was piling in. Rati gave her the black coffee which Abeer very swiftly took away and gave her his cappuccino.

"You're becoming too bitter just like your coffee. Change at least one habit of yours."

"Are you my mother or brother?"

"What the hell Meher!"

"Chubha na!" (It stung right!")

"Everyone settle down please" Satish called clapping his hands as he saw Meher and Abeer about to begin a cat fight again.

"What is this meeting for?" Nishi asked.

"There are two main and one side agenda to this meeting." Meher began speaking. She got up and asked Rati to start the projector. Her presentation started with the announcement of a new show they will be launching soon.

"I'm very proudly going to announce that we have finally completed the work on our new project and we will launch the show soon after Diwali."
Everyone clapped.

"The cause we are here for is to decide the timings for the show."

"You could have done this by yourself, what was the need of me and Nisaar here?" Asked Abeer bored.

"I thought to be a little considerate for you, that's why." Said Meher.

"I'm honoured." Said Abeer sarcastically.

"Meherji you continue please." Satish piped in.

"So as I was saying the timings. I have a proposal. We can shift the timings of Abeer's show by half an hour and telecast our new launch at that time. Being the prime time it shall help."

"Are you mad Meher? I'm not allowing you to change the timings of my show."

"Do others also have an issue?"

"Meherji can't we look for some other slot?" Asked Satish

"Yes Meher what about 6:30?" Asked Lovelyn

" yes look for other timing don't you dare have evil eyes on my show or else" Abeer threatened her

"Else what Abeer?" She asked angrily

"Sattu sirrrrr" he said in a honey coated voice. "Else I will Leave." And he got up to leave. As he was turning the knob on the door, he heard her.

"What are you afraid of? That your viewers count will go down or your TRP will lessen? "

"My fans are loyal unlike you. Do whatever you want. " he shouted and left.

"Is it decided now? Everyone?" She asked everyone ignoring Abeer's comment though it hurt her deeply.

"We agree." Satish and Lovelyn said together.

"The second agenda is the most important and Rati can you please call Abeer back inside? Till then I shall tell you all the side thing."

"Satish sir, we need to hire a graphics designer for the weather show. As Aisha came up with a really amazing idea, we need to work upon."

"Okay Meher ji I will arrange for the hiring."

"What now?" Abeer shouted from the door.

"Come and sit, quietly."

"You!"

"Abeer please. For me." Said Satish.

"So shall I begin."

Everyone nodded.

"Our channel is in a big problem. Satish sir you are not seeing it so but it is an issue we need to handle immediately."

"What happened Meher?" Asked Nishi

"Actually Nishi, a company is buying the shares of our channel since last week continuously." Told Lovelyn

"So is that a problem?" Asked Nisaar

"Yes it is if the company is Kuber Industries." Said Meher surprising Abeer.

"Why is dad buying the shares of our channel?"

"That is for you to find out. Because if he did not stop then in two days he will become the Managing Director of the company." Informed Meher.

"Its serious Abeer. You talk to him personally though we will be having a meeting with him tomorrow." Told Satish

"I have a deal for him. But before that I want you people to handle him. I don't want my Trump Card to lose its grand entry." Meher smirked

"What are you planning Meher?" Asked Abeer apprehensively

"Something evil. Very evil" saying so she left the room.

.........

Abeer's Home

"What are you planning now Dad?"

"What is it now Abeer?"

"Why are buying the shares of our channel?"

"I'm going to become the MD soon. I will shut down that stupid channel. Then will see how do you not join me in the business."

"Are you even sane? For that you will shut down a channel on which thousands of people's life depend. You are no human. Stop all this instantly."

"Wait and watch who saves that channel from me. Even that Meher can't do anything."

"Sattu said about a meeting tomorrow."

"Yes I will come. You also be there."

"Sure Dad. To see her Trump card. " he muttered.

Love
Zindagi