Chapter Eleven

Sophia's point of view.

''Thanks for the ride home,'' I tell Ryan as he walks me to my door after he checked that the coast was clear. I was holding my dress and my shoes in my hands. ''It's no problem,'' he tells me smiling. I look at him and nod awkwardly. ''Look I should probably go inside just in case a lone reporter is hiding around here somewhere,'' I tell him pointing at the door. He nods his head smiling at me before leaning in a kissing me one last time. ''I love you,'' he tells me pulling away.

I look at him in shock before smiling a small smile. ''Ryan are you sure you want to be involved with me still?'' I ask him gaining a confused look from him in return. ''What do you mean?'' he asks me. ''Well, given the circumstances of who I am,'' I begin. ''The press already came after Ellie. I don't want them coming after you,'' I tell him.

''I understand, but despite all that I love you. I always have and I probably always will. Nothing can change the way I feel about you,'' he tells me. Ryan sighs taking a step further toward and held my hands in his. ''Look, you don't need to say anything back. I know that it has been a while since we have seen each other, and I know that with everything going on in your life you probably aren't ready for a relationship!'' He tells me.

''So, don't think that our kiss tonight was me forcing you into anything, I need you to know that'' he tells me. ''I know,'' I nod my head at him. ''All the years that I have known you, Ryan, you have never been one to force me into anything. You always allowed me to make my own decision and I appreciate you for that,'' I tell him.

''But like you said, with everything going on in my life right now, I need time to figure out what I am going to do. Whether I am going to accept or reject my role as a Princess, and I don't think now is the right time for a relationship. What happened tonight was amazing and I loved every moment of it,'' I tell him smiling. ''But I need to focus on my family, school, and my lessons with my Grandmother. I hope you understand?'' I ask him.

Ryan looks at me and raises my hand to kiss them before letting them go. ''Of course, I do, and I completely respect your choice,'' he tells me. I smile at him before hugging him. ''Good night Ryan,'' I tell him pulling away. ''Good night Sophie,'' he tells me before turning away and walking to his car. I watch him get into his car and drive away before sighing and turning around to go inside.

Once inside I turn around and l lock the doors before turning around. I jump when I see Mom sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee and a tired look on her face. ''Mom, what are you doing up so late?'' I ask her. ''I was comforting your sister the whole night,'' Mom tells me placing her coffee and standing up and turning around to face me with her arms folded. ''You want to tell me why you were out so late when I sent you the message over two hours ago?'' she asks giving me the Mom look.

''I was at Ryan's. He had suggested we go back to his to pass time until you messaged me,'' I tell her. ''Yeah and here we are two hours after I sent you that text,'' she tells me narrowing her eyes. ''Is it illegal for me to hang out with a friend?'' I ask her laying my dress on the couch and putting the shoes down.

''Really just friends. You two must have a close relationship considering you two were just kissing on the front doorstep,'' Mom tells me. ''You were spying on Ryan and me?'' I ask her to hurt. She just shrugs her shoulders. ''I saw the light go off and I wanted to make sure it wasn't the press and saw you guys kiss,'' she tells me. ''What is really the problem here Mom. I have stayed out longer than this, why is it a problem now?'' I ask.

''Maybe the fact that you are a Princess and that your sister needed you and you weren't here,'' Mom tells me. ''You both knew that I was on a date and you mentioned nothing about Mia needing me,'' I tell her. ''Well, your sister was bombarded with the Press at the beach party. Lana and those other girls and that boy made a complete fool out of her,'' Mom tells me. ''Yeah Ryan and I have bombarded as well Mom,'' I tell her.