Towels are overrated and so are girls

Elyza and Alicia had completely forgotten about breakfast, and after fifteen very exhausting minutes of trying and miserably failing to take back her headphones and IPod, Alicia was completely out of breath. Elyza on the other hand, hadn't even broken a sweat. Alicia handed Elyza her glasses back and looked at the ground defeated and disappointed.

"That wasn't bad. C'mon, I need food... and a shower." Said Elyza with a smile as she took Alicia's hand and led them back inside.

They enjoyed breakfast with everyone and Alicia made sure not to sit anywhere within Elyza's reach. No one would have imagined that breakfast in a zombie apocalypse could actually be pleasant and filled with smiles and a few laughs here and there. Elyza lightened the mood by being her usual charming and joking self. She had even flirted a little with the boys, a fact that Alicia ignored though it made her slightly uncomfortable. Overall, Alicia took it to be a success since no one was interrogated.

When everyone was finished, Elyza and Chris agreed to do the dishes, and Nick and Alicia to clean the table.

"So Elyza, how did you end up here in the U.S?" asked Chris.

"Well, my family and I moved here when I was a teenager because of my mom. She got a great job opportunity and my dad could never say no to her." explained Elyza.

"You said your dad was in the military right?" asked Nick.

"Yeah, he was an army man. My grandfather too. And after my dad did his time in the military, both my parents decided a fresh start was definitely needed. That's when my mom applied for a job here." Said Elyza.

"He taught you how to fight?" asked Chris.

"Yeah. I told Madison, Nick and Alicia that during my interrogation." She said with a wink aimed at Nick who then interrupted.

"It wasn't an interrogation... exactly," he said, not fully believing his own words.

"There were no hand cuffs, so definitely not an interrogation," added Alicia as she shot Elyza a smile.

"Or Miranda rights apparently, Madison was kinda brutal" said Elyza.

"She wasn't that bad," said Nick.

"I thought she was gonna kill me with the utensils" exaggerated Elyza and everyone gave a light laugh.

"She can be intense sometimes," acknowledged Nick. 

"Yep" said Alicia.

Elyza looked back at Chris and went back to their conversation, "Anyway yeah, my dad was an expert in all sorts of different fighting techniques even before he joined the army and he always wanted me to learn so he taught me at a very young age. Why do you ask? You jealous?" she said as she gave Chris a look that Alicia was not entire comfortable with.

"Jealous? What would I be jealous of?" asked Chris as he returned her look.