Skatecity (Thriller Era)

"She's built, she's stacked, all the curves a man likes"

I had lugged my heavy boombox all the way up to the dj's booth and definitely didn't regret it. The funky beats blasting from its speakers filled the rink to the brim. I had worked for Mr. Mabrowski for over two years and finally was trusted enough to use the rink for myself. I crossed over, flipped, and jumped to the rhythm. My arms were opened wide to the wall as I skated fast around the rink.

Landing a tourjete towards the front door the bell rung, alerting me to the presence of others. A man my age quickly shut the door behind him and leaned against it, breathing heavy. I skidded to a stop at the side, yelling: "Hey! Private skate time! I paid my way and you've gotta wait your turn!" His brown doe eyes are wide and filled with worry as they stare at me. "Hide me!" I walk over to where he stands, getting a good look at him. Taking in his face, his wide eyes, I recognize him as the thriller himself. 

I assume the recognition shows in my eyes and face, because his aura shifts. "Please don't tell me you're a fan. Not that that would be bad, I love my fans, but I just spent 3 blocks running from a crowd of them." I raise an eyebrow and skate around him, locking the door behind him. "Not a fan per say, but your record is practically on repeat all day everyday." He gives me a confused look and I explain further. "I'm the DJ here, and I take requests. Don't get me wrong, your record is amazing technically and musicality wise, but if I have to hear the opening baseline on Billie Jean one more time I'm breaking the damn disk. I preferred Off The Wall, but I'm a disco girl for life." I skate back out onto the floor, and gesture to the door to my booth. "You can hide out up there, or feel free to grab a pair of skates yourself and join me." The track switches over and I dance along, forgetting my audience soon enough.

I get into a groove and get curious whether or not I could Moonwalk in my skates. "Hey, Michael, can you show me how you do the moonwalk real quick? I wanna try something." He steps out onto the shiny wood floor and does it real slow. I do my best to mimic him, falling on my behind a couple times before getting farther and farther each time. My thighs and calves begin to hurt and I decide it's time to leave. I take off my skates and put my shoes back on. "Michael, is there anywhere I can drop you? I don't want to make you walk back anywhere." He tries to make a big deal of turning me down, but stops when he remembers what got him here in the first place. "It's out of the way..." I hold up my keys, "I like an adventure."

Sorry for the short chapter and MIA author. I've been super busy lately with work and personal things. I've got more imagines coming soon, and I'm happy to be back.

You are here to change the world!

Lindsey