Chapter 1: it's Time

"Nico! Father wants you," My sister said to me.

"Alright." I knew what he wanted me for. I rolled off my bed. I brushed myself off and walked out of my room and into the throne room. My father, King Hades was sitting on his throne next to his wife, me, and Hazel's stepmother Persephone.

"Nico, as you are aware, your sister Bianca was to be married to Prince William. But to certain," he paused "circumstances she is unavailable." Yeah, you can say it, she's dead.

"Yes father, I am aware. Since Hazel is already betrothed to Frank Zhang she cannot take Bianca's place. And because we need the alliance with King Apollo, I am taking my sister's place." for some odd reason. I add silently. They have been telling me this since I was twelve. I am to dress as a princess, wear a wig and you get the idea. Once the marriage is sealed, if I were to say the truth, King Apollo would be able to do nothing. But why didn't they, I don't know, get an orphan girl and teach her the ways of royalty? But what do I know, I'm just a seventeen year old kid?

"Yes, we need the alliance. Have you finally chosen a name for yourself?"

"Yes Persephone, I have chosen, Nikki." Nikki was the nickname Bianca gave me.

"You leave tomorrow. You are to bring a maid who knows your secret and to the castle."

Annabeth Chase," I said firmly.

"What?" My father asked.

"I want Annabeth Chase to go with me."

"Alright then, go pack, you are leaving tomorrow." I nod my head and walk out of the throne room. Hazel was still in my room when I got back.

"What did father want you for?" I flopped on my bed and sighed.

"I'm leaving tomorrow to pretend to be a princess." Hazel laughed.

"It's not that bad Neeks."

"Says the one who always complains about being a princess." she shoves me playfully.

"You know why I always complain. It's because the maids that are really dam prejudiced always try to use makeup to make me have lighter skin." Okay, let me explain something. So Hazel is my sister, my half-sister to be exact. We share the same Father. After my mother um, died. He became kinda brooding then he met Hazel's mother. Long story short, We do not look like siblings, like at all. I actually look like a ghost, while Hazel has chocolate brown skin. And once we went through the kingdom to get to know the people and some thought Hazel was my slave. And let's just say things got, ugly. Let's just get away from this.

"That's why this is going to suck. Annabeth's going to come with me. So I'll have a friend I guess."

"Annabeth's nice, intimidating but nice."

"Very intimidating. But she's really smart."

"I wish I could go with you. But you know me, the klutz I am would call you Nico. What name are you going to have?"

"Nikki, if you did come and visit me, I could always say that Nico was my nickname." She stood up.

"Yeah. I need to leave. I'm meeting up with Frank in a few minutes." She smoothed out her dress.

"If he hurts you, I don't care if we need the alliance, I will murder him." Hazel giggled.

"I'm sure you would. But Frank is just a huge teddy bear in reality." I shook my head.

"Go on, go to your boyfriend," I say, making a shooing motion. She stuck her tongue out at me and went out the door. "Real mature!" I yelled before she closed the door. She's annoying as heck but I love her. Knock knock knock knock.

"Coming!" I yell. I open the door and it's the daughter of the woman who owns the bookstore. "Hey Neeks, heard that you were taking me to Apollo's kingdom."

"Yep and don't call me Neeks."

"Where's Hazel?" Annabeth asked.

"She's with her boyfriend," I answered, sitting on my bed.

"Prince Frank?" I nod my head. "Of course. So do you need any help getting packed and such?" I nod my head again.

"Please." She smiled and shook her head. Time to pack.

~the next day~

Hazel tackled me in a hug, almost knocking the wig off my head. "I'm going to miss you so freaking much Neeks! How are you going to survive without me?"

"Hardy har har. I'll miss you too Haze, but can you let me go I can't breathe."

She let go of me, "Oh, sorry." She says. I laughed.

 I went over to Frank, looked as intimidating as I could in a dress, and pulled his shirt so I was as tall as him."Don't hurt my sister or I swear I will break your neck. You got that?"

He nodded quickly. "I know you would." I let him go.

"Take care of her okay?" He smiled and nodded again. "Thank you, Frank." I went back to Hazel and I kissed her cheek.

"I'm sorry Prince, I mean Princess Nikki but we need to go." Annabeth snickered at me being called a princess. I nodded my head and nodded at my father

"Bye Haze, see you soon." She waved goodbye and I waved back. The coachman opened the door and I stepped in, Annabeth came in after me.

"Okay, Nikki, let's go to your soon to be husband."

So, I had to put this up. Yeah. Thanks for reading, if you have any suggestions please put them in the comments it may just appear in the story. Sorry for the crappy writing. I swear I'm gonna slip up the names so much in this story. and before people ask, this isn't a gender bent. It's just how the story is. This is most likely the last chapter for this week. Stay safe, stay healthy, but most importantly. keep on keepin' odd everybody!

-Rj